Infrastructure Support Specialist
An exciting opportunity has arisen to join a world leading global organisation. Our client, a blue chip IT company, is currently seeking an Infrastructure Support Specialist based on their customer site in Nuneaton, with some travel required to Tewkesbury. This is a full-time, permanent role, Monday to Friday, standard hours, to start ASAP. The role is paying between £39,000 and £43,000 per annum, pro rata, depending on experience.
A highly important and dynamic role which provides direct support to a high-profile customer. The role is a key role within the Deployed Service Management Team (DSMT), which provides Remote Management of the customer's Infrastructure.
Provide direct support to the DSMT team. Required to work under limited supervision and assignments may be completed without established procedures. This position requires close co-operation and interaction with our customer. It includes travel to Tewkesbury.
The DSMT is comprised of the following areas:-
- 1st and 2nd line Support.
- Desktop Infrastructure & Application Support
- Server infrastructure support across all disciplines.
This role will be directly resolving technical issues wherever possible or relaying them to directly dedicated 3rd/4th line support or external vendor. The main task is to stage equipment prior to releasing it either to spares or direct to the customer. This involves the following:
- Conducting Power on tests
- Ensuring that the software/iOS are at the correct versions.
- Building equipment
- Ensuring the equipment conforms to the latest standard set by ILS
- Drafting test/staging documentation for new equipment
- Updating existing documentation
- Liaising with ILS upon delivery of equipment
- Security Clearance
- Must be self-motivated and determined
- Knowledge of the operational environment in which DII is deployed.
- Ability to cope under pressure in a highly visible environment
- Flexible with work times, in order that any major problems are resolved as quickly as possible when the need arises
- Ability to work under their own initiative without constant guidance
- Ability to communicate effectively with both internal/external customers
- Willingness to learn and develop skills
- Have good attention to detail
In depth working knowledge of Desktop Infrastructure & Application Support including:
- Radia software delivery tools.
- SQL Server Administration
- SharePoint Implementation and administration.
- Data centre Virtualisation, VMWare
- Windows and Unix Server Infrastructure Management
- Microsoft exchange and LCS Messaging Support
- NetApps San Storage Management
- Lync/Skype for business
- LCS Messaging Support
- Large scale infrastructure support experience.
- At least 3 years Systems Administration experience in a distributed environment
- MCSE qualified, or working towards this in a similar environment
- Training may be provided for customer specific requirements and to cover off any missing essential skills.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job