Salary: from £30,000 per annum (+ London weighting £2,323)
Jisc is helping to ensure the UK remains at the forefront of innovation within UK education and research - by mobilising the very best people and technologies in the application of digital thinking, digital content and connectivity.
It’s our vision to enable the UK to become the most digitally-advanced education and research nation in the world. It’s a bold statement, but one that we’re determined to fulfil.
About the role
Your role will be to enable the provisioning, support, management and the delivery of DNS and NTP services.
You will be required to assist in providing technical security input and to assist with the monitoring, threat detection and analysis along with supporting the security operations centre team in the development of critical network services.
We’re looking for someone who can:
- Take lead responsibility in dealing with all 1st line calls related to Jisc’s DNS services and Network time services
- Provide advice and user documentation for Jisc’s members and customers on the use of Jisc’s critical network services, and provide second-line support for the services provided by the group
- Maintain the agreed levels of performance for security services including reporting requirements
- Act as an escalation point for service desk staff, members and customers, assisting in the resolution of issues in a timely manner
- Install and configure software and hardware in compliance with defined technical standards
- Liaise with suppliers regarding fault resolution and maintenance
- Work with the security engineering group to continue improving the security, efficiency, responsiveness of critical security services and products
- Contribute to the development of critical security services and products
- Deliver set objectives to defined quality and timelines
- Represent the Cybersecurity division in technical fora and liaison meetings with customers and suppliers
- 28 days annual leave (including three closure days at Christmas) plus eight bank holidays
- Our generous USS contributory pension scheme (8% employee and 18% employer contribution) is a valuable part of our reward package
- Competitive maternity, adoption and paternity arrangements
- Death-in-service benefit of three times salary
- Several staff schemes including season ticket loans, childcare vouchers, cycle-to-work, eye care, employee assistance
- Opportunity for performance-related pay progression
- IT discounts with selected suppliers
This role will be based in London.
Jisc is a geographically-distributed organisation and travel across the UK with occasional overnight stays will be required.
No agencies please.
Difference is good, and here at Jisc we want to celebrate it. So regardless of your background or personal characteristics, if you are great at what you do, we want to hear from you.
- 2nd Line
- second line support
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job