A Fantastic opportunity has arisen to work for one of the worlds largest global Logistics companies, within their International and UK Express parcels Telesales department.
The overall role purpose is to acquire, retain and develop new ad-hoc customers on the telephone in order to maintain and grow profitable revenue while achieving individual sales (Aquisition) targets. The role reports into the Telephone Sales Manager.
Key activities - Overall goals / Typical measures
- Manage a portfolio of existing and potential customers via the telephone on a regular call cycle to ensure committed business with new and existing customers.
- Convert the maximum number of prospect leads into customers, emphasising those with maximum revenue potential.
- Establish customer agreements and ensure that pricing guidelines are always applied. Ensure that customer prices are reviewed on a regular basis.
- Maintain the customer information accurately and in a timely manner in the Comet database in order to ensure that customer information is available to all relevant functions interfacing with customers.
- Ensure all customers are contacted via a three month call cycle.
- Achieve all acquisition targets as per conversion rates.
- Display negotiation techniques in order to achieve yield management principles.
- Closely liaise with all relevant company departments to maximise sales potential across the business.
- Establish and maintain contact relationships in the interests of customer experience.
- To record and achieve predetermined revenue, activity and quality targets.
- To ensure optimum sales territory cover, maximum productivity and minimum diversionary activity at all times.
- Ensure/Identify that all existing account holders within territory are allocated into the correct sales channel.
- Ensure that E-commerce tools and more cost effective sales channels are consistently promoted and implemented to customers in order to achieve customer satisfaction as well as the lowest cost per shipment transactions.
- To ensure all aspects of the Health and Safety policy is adhered to at all times.
- Fully utilise sales tools and reporting mechanisms.
- To achieve all pre -determined sales and efficiency targets.
- Ensure effective management of your customer base on a quarterly basis.
- Effective utilisation of intranet tools to provide the best solution for all customers.
- Proves track record of working in sales environment.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Excellent planning and organisational skills.
- Achievement drive.
- Team player.
- Listening skills.
- Telephone skills.
- Confident when using computers and internet based applications
- At least 1 years experience in a telephone sales / call centre environment or face to face customer contact
- Minimum of 5 GCSE's
The role is paying £19,380 basic with a £25,380 ote