My Insurance client is seeking an Indirect Tax Manager to provide accurate, timely indirect tax advice to the business to help them meet their commercial objectives and assist in developing indirect tax structuring opportunities.
- Providing indirect tax advice to a range of stakeholders, including finance, underwriters and other front office staff, and the Indirect Tax Director.
- Analysing changes in indirect tax legislation
- Keeping relevant stakeholders informed of indirect tax changes that impact the business.
- Advising on, and mitigating the indirect tax impact of, business restructuring.
- Assisting the Indirect Tax Director in developing VAT and IPT mitigation strategies across the region.
- Assisting in managing indirect tax audits across the region
- Liaising with external advisors to obtain indirect tax advice.
- Actively identifying areas for process improvements.
- Ad hoc support and review for indirect tax compliance teams
The Indirect Tax Manager should attend tax training and seminars to keep up to date with the latest indirect tax law changes.
- At least 5 years’ European indirect tax advisory experience in a UK or other European Big 4 FS VAT practice. In house insurance industry or financial services experience is beneficial but not required
- Experience advising on complex indirect tax issues
- Experience of negotiating with tax authorities
- Experience of operating at a management level
- Knowledge of insurance premium taxes is preferable but not require
- Experience of advising financial services companies - preferably insurers - on indirect tax
- Strong financial and commercial acumen