We have an opportunity for an Income Officer to join our Customer Accounts Team in Newbury.
This is a full time, permanent role with a mix of home and office working.
We are offering a starting salary of £30,000 - £35,000 depending on experience.
As an Income Officer at SNG (Sovereign Network Group) you will be responsible for delivering a comprehensive rent & service charge collection service.
You'll manage the end to end process including negotiating payment arrangements with customers, providing welfare benefit and money advice, engaging with external agencies and preparing applications for court. You'll also be on standby to visit customers in their homes.
To be successful in this role you'll need:
- Experience in income management or debt recovery/collection
- Knowledge and experience of either social housing, home ownership or the private rented sector
- A working knowledge of welfare benefits
- Excellent customer service skills
- A proactive approach and the ability to work independently
- Effective decision-making skills and the ability to prioritise a busy workload.
As you'll need to travel in this role, having a car and full driving licence is essential.
A DBS check will also be undertaken for the successful candidate.
What we can offer you
As a member of the Customer Accounts Team you will be part of a friendly, dedicated and supportive working environment.
We invest in our people, and you will be able to develop your skills and be part of something that makes a real difference to people's lives. This role can give you the opportunity for a career within a successful and diverse organisation.
Some of our benefits include:
- £450 yearly flexible benefit pot to use against benefits of your choice
- Flexible working
- 25 Days Holiday + Bank Holidays (with an extra day every year up to 30 days)
- A chance to buy or sell holiday as part of our flexible benefits package
- A generous pension scheme matching up to 12%
- Life cover as soon as you join us
- You will be a part of our Recognition scheme where you can be gifted retail vouchers
- A range of wellbeing discounts including Gym Memberships
- A wide selection of other benefits available
We are thrilled to have joined forces with Network Homes in October 2023, which now places us as the 6th largest housing association in the UK. Sovereign and Network Homes have come together as SNG – an organisation that takes the best of both and makes it even better
At Sovereign Network Group, we are passionate about inclusion for all and creating a workplace where everyone can thrive, whatever their personal or professional background. We encourage applications from all. We believe that diverse talent makes us stronger.
Please note Reed.co.uk does not communicate with candidates via Whatsapp, and we will never ask you to provide your bank, passport or driving licence details during the application process. To stay safe in your job search and flexible work, we recommend visiting JobsAware, a non-profit, joint industry and law enforcement organisation working to combat labour market abuse. Visit the JobsAware website for information and free expert advice for safer work.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'