We are not your average financial services firm and our unique culture is just one aspect that makes us stand out from the crowd. We offer a supportive environment that encourages innovation and creativity whilst maintaining a healthy lifestyle balance. You will be joining one of Europe’s leading Investment Management firms where you can expect real responsibility and recognition from day one. We are large enough to offer a wide variety of career opportunities, whilst small enough to treat you as an individual and tailor training and development to your specific needs.
An opportunity has arisen for a qualified Income Accountant to join the financial reporting Team within M&G Investments on a 12 Month FTC.
You will be responsible for the accounting and control of actual income data, production of plans, forecasts and associated statutory and management information for income across all M&G business units and entities.The team interacts with all Finance teams and the Business - in conjunction with the Commercial Finance teams.
Your responsibilities will be
Support the Senior Income Accountant in control of all income departments and allocation of income across External; incorporating:
• Develop a full and detailed understanding of all of External income ensuring all processes are documented.
• Responsibility for production of monthly income management accounts. This will include income earned from Segregated Institutional clients, Leveraged Loans and other Private Finance income streams.
• Production of published quarterly forecasts and three year strategic plans for areas covered.
• Monitor and understand funds under management
• Liaise with internal and external auditors.
• Proactively build relationships and work effectively with Middle Office, Front Office Admin teams and other teams within M&G.
• Keep abreast of business and project developments; provide input and analysis with the wider finance team.
What we are looking for
We are looking for a qualified accountant with a recognised professional accounting qualification (e.g. ACCA,CIMA) and ideally financial services experience. Knowledge of M&G Business Units’ income processes are a definite advantage along with having experience of Hyperion and SUN and strong excel skills.
You will need excellent planning and organisation skills with the ability to work accurately under pressure. You will show the ability to manage tightly controlled processes as well as the ability to analyse and present results.
Strong interpersonal and communication skills are very important along with working in a team environment and showing the desire to exceed in every aspect of your role.
M&G is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Our role as an employer is very simple – to provide the right environment for talented people to do their best work, by respecting, understanding and valuing individual differences.
We welcome applications from individuals who have taken an extended career break, and we are willing to consider flexible working arrangements for all of our roles.