We have a fantastic opportunity for an Import / Logistics Coordinator who is fluent in both English and German to join a highly respected shipping company on a permanent staff basis in Southampton. Our client provides global shipping logistical solutions for car and truck manufacturers, heavy equipment and specialised cargo. Due to an increasing workload they are seeking a German speaking Import & Transhipment (Shipping) Coordinator.
This role will have a range of tasks and responsibilities including:
- Collaborate with Customers, Fulfilment, Sales Support, Account Managers, Legal, Trade teams, Operations and Finance based on predefined interfaces and processes.
- Update the system with relevant import and transhipment information including local charges, cargo status updates, and bills of lading.
- Issue manifest corrections when required
- Verify post-discharge cargo tallies, investigate anomalies and act accordingly.
- Service out internal and external customers via various communication channels.
- Issue invoices and collect freight prior releasing cargo.
- Monitor and correct EDI messaging in relation to the Import and Transhipment processes.
- Deliver Import and Transhipments KPIs that are agreed internally and with customers.
- Compliance with customs rules and regulations.
Skills, experience and attributes:
- Customer focused with an understanding of shipping and logistics requirements.
- Knowledge of international shipping and local authority regulations would be an advantage.
- Fluent in German both verbally and written.
- Good English communication skills.
- Excellent time management skills, prioritising tasks to meet deadlines.
- Good IT skills including MS Office.
- Ability to understand, accept and enjoy cultural differences.
Our client offer a competitive salary with a number of benefits including Private Healthcare, Pension, free Car Parking, discounted gym membership and more.
To apply for this position, candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK without visa restrictions.
For more information, please contact Louise Dalton-Brown on or email Louise.Dalton-Brown @ blueprintrecruit.com and quote REF: 14599. Alternatively, you can apply directly by clicking the 'Apply' link and following the instructions.
- German Speaking
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"