This is a super opportunity for an experienced ICT Technician to work for an educational organisation, who has sites in Burgess Hill, Lancing, Crawley, Worthing, Littlehampton and Chichester. Travel to each of these sites will be required so your own transport is essential, petrol expenses are paid. This is an ongoing temporary assignment, start date asap. The role can be offered as term times only, or full time.
To support the effective use of ICT across the school through maintenance of ICT software, hardware and related equipment. Provide an efficient support service to staff and pupils to ensure administration and learning outcomes are maximised.
To undertake preventative maintenance repairs and technical upgrades as required ensuring all hardware and software across the school is at all times, functioning and ready for use in accordance with school requirements, including reprographics.
Working alongside the ICT Development Manager to provide a flexible and efficient support services to all stakeholders
1. Check hardware regularly, repairing simple faults and resolving hardware / technical issues or reporting more technical faults to the ICT development Manager / third party
2. To maintain and monitor a comprehensive database of all support requests and allocate jobs to appropriate staff / third parties, where required
3. To provide a high quality and timely ICT support service to all pupils and staff across the school in both remote support and on-site visits as deemed appropriate by the ICT development manager
4. To promote the safe and effective use of all ICT equipment and ensure work stations / ICT classrooms meet the requirements of health and safety legislation and are maintained in a clean and safe manner
5. Work in conjunction with the Data & Communication Team to support staff in using the Management Information Systems (MIS)
6. Contribute to the planning, development and organisation of ICT systems, procedures and policy across the school
7. To support the ICT Development Manager in configuration and maintenance services for staff e-mail; fileserver technologies; disaster recovery and backup systems; resource and user access in accordance with appropriate security levels, ensuring the integrity, safety and security of all
8. To attend relevant training as required and when appropriate, provide training to staff
9. To support the ICT Development Manager in managing the schools inventory of ICT equipment, ensuring security marking and effective recording and monitoring is in place
10. Responsible for the management of portable devices including initial set up and configuration of portable hardware, collection / delivery and general maintenance of hardware i.e. laptops and tablets for equipment retained off site (i.e. at pupil homes)
Remain up to date with all relevant legislation, organisational procedures, policies and professional codes of conduct in order to uphold standards of best practice. This may include attendance at external events and conferences to be able to contribute pro-actively to changes to and developments of new processes
Be aware of and comply with policies and procedures relating to child protection, health, safety and security and confidentiality, reporting all concerns to an appropriate person
To participate in training and other learning activities as required
Qualifications and Knowledge
Relevant IT qualification or equivalent experience in delivering IT support Services
Full Clean UK Driving Licence
Proven, experience of working in an ICT environment
Experience of network and systems within an educational setting with children / young people
Good knowledge and understanding of relevant ICT packages, including school’s specialist software/equipment/resources
Full working knowledge and understanding of range of relevant policies / codes of practice and awareness of relevant legislation
Experience in the use and management of fault reporting tools
Skills and Abilities
Excellent IT skills with the ability to troubleshoot and resolve problems
Excellent organisation skills and ability to follow planned schedules and maintain records appropriately
Excellent communication skills both written and verbal with ability to relate well to children and adults
Good literacy and numeracy skills
First Recruitment Services is acting as an employment business in relation to this assignment.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job