As the provision grows, we are looking to hire a committed and confident ICT Technician to support Harris Initial Teacher Education.
Pending the finalisation of building work, HITE currently operates out of Harris Academy Westminster and Harris Academy Bermondsey, which is where they will eventually take up permanent residence. You will therefore split your week between these two locations to provide an outstanding level of ICT support to the HITE staff and trainee teachers.
The Harris Federation comprises 44 primary and secondary academies and we are one of the most successful academy groups in the country. We currently educate approximately 32,000 pupils in and around London and 68% of all of our academies inspected so far have been graded as Outstanding (compared to 20% nationally) with the rest judged as Good. 84% of our Secondary academies have been judged as Outstanding so far. HITE offers outstanding Initial Teacher Education (ITE) to graduates and career changers joining the teaching profession. Trainee teachers will have access to invaluable training, school and classroom experience to equip them with the knowledge, skills and expertise needed to become an excellent teacher.
- To provide high-quality technical support, advice and guidance to the staff and trainee teachers in both locations.
- To ensure that all incidents and service requests are logged, investigated and resolved (or escalated where appropriate) within the target time frames as dictated by the associated SLA.
- To image, deploy and maintain Windows 10 PCs, Laptops, Tablets and other peripheral equipment such as multi-functional printers, interactive whiteboards and projectors, ensuring that this hardware is regularly tested and ready for use when required.
- To work with the relevant teams to support the on-site infrastructure elements such as physical & virtual servers and networking devices, thus ensuring the availability and security of the network, data and applications.
- To administer user login accounts, distribution and security groups, ensuring that staff, students and trainees teachers have access to the data and resources they need.
- You will be able to demonstrate good knowledge and recent experience of:
- Microsoft Windows 10, Office 2016, Apple OS and desktop related software products.
- Citrix, Virtual Desktops, LAN/WAN, TCP/IP, Anti-Virus, Internet Access and security solutions.
- Administering AD login accounts, Distribution and Security Group membership within a Windows Server 2012 Active Directory.
- Supporting Apple products, specifically iMacs and iPads, in an educational or corporate environment.
- Recent, demonstrable experience of administering Social Media accounts and Content Management Systems at a business level.
- You must have excellent troubleshooting skills, backed by a clear, analytical approach to problem solving.
- You must be self-motivated, have a can do attitude and a strong commitment to team-work and customer service.
- You will have a proven track record of balancing priorities and working to strict timescales to deliver high quality results on time, in a fast paced environment.
- You must be flexible and adaptive and be able to handle the various pressures and demands associated with working in a customer focussed ICT support role.
- You need to be a confident communicator and your excellent verbal and written communication skills will enable you to confidently deal with all levels of stakeholders and internal colleagues.
- You will have a minimum of two years’ experience in a similar, client facing role in either a primary or secondary school and will therefore a have experience supporting the various applications typically used within the education sector.
- Relevant Microsoft or similar qualifications to support the above experience.
- A good knowledge and understanding of the ITIL framework, supported by an ITIL V2 Foundation qualification is desirable.
This is not a complete list of responsibilities and should be read in conjunction with the job description which is available on application.
For more information, please email .uk or call .
Harris academies are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All offers of employment are subject to an Enhanced DBS check, and where applicable, a prohibition from teaching check will be completed for all applicants. In line with our commitments to safeguarding, the Harris Federation uses preferred agencies and is unable to work with any agencies where Terms of Business have not been agreed by both parties prior to an engagement.