The job of an HR Advisor
The HR Advisor will play an integral role in establishing the new HR shared services function and will have the benefit of working as part of a forward thinking and innovative HR team. As an HR Advisor youwill provide exceptional service to the wider business and will be the first point of contact for all employee relations issues.
This is an excellent opportunity for someone who is looking to develop their career in HR and prepared to study towards their professional qualifications.
Key responsibilities will include;
- Case management and control of all HR issues, triaging complex ER issues to the HR Business Partners
- Providing generalist HR advice to line mangers on areas including disciplinaries, grievances, performance and long and short term absence cases
- Coach and mentor the line managers through the process where necessary
- Track, prioritise and manage ER case work through the HR system, monitoring the process through to successful resolution
- Produce management information, identify pinch points in the network and identify training requirements across the management population
- Support the HRBPs on consultation processes including potential changes to terms & conditions, TUPE transfers and redundancy
- Build strong relationships with all stakeholders across the business including operational managers, HR and corporate functions
- Support the delivery of the HR strategy through project work as required
- Identify opportunities for improvements across the systems and processes
- Support, coach and mentor more junior members of the HR team
What we think good looks like
As an HRAdvisor we would like you to have an interest and passion in what we do. With a professionalappearance we would also appreciate it if you are enthusiastic with strongcommunicationskills, excellent time management with the ability to multi-task. You will be liaising with a wide variety of stakeholders therefore you must be able to show empathy and respect for othersskills be able to work under pressure. With an eye for detail you must alsobe positive and self-driven with theability to work unsupervised and take on challenges proactively. It is also critical that you are risk and compliant aware with knowledge of relevant employment legislation. IT literacy will be a given as is strong MS Office skills. You must also be CIPD qualified or part qualified.
Other qualities we are looking for are:
- A good level of employee relations experience gained in a fast paced and commercially focused organisation withup to date employment law knowledge and be confident in handling a wide range of issues.
- A good communication style and the ability to handle challenging situations in a demanding and pressurised environment. You must be able to think on your feet and know when to escalate complex issues and challenge key stakeholders.
- A confident telephone manner and the ability tobuild relationships quickly with customers.You must have the ability to analyse data, spot trends and identify opportunities for improvements and efficiencies.
- The ability to work very autonomously and use their initiative to work unsupervised.
So are you a future Nationwider?
Nationwide aims to be the employer of choice within the accident repair industry. We put a lot of time and effort into finding and nurturing the very best candidates for every job, recognising and rewarding your achievements and supporting your personal development.
Achieving this goal will help us maintain our position as the one of Europe’s leading accident repair networks. It will also enable us to set the standard by which all other accident repair centres are measured.
Nationwide is one of Europe’s largest accident repair networks with 120+ bodyshops, mobile repair, glazing and accident management services. Since our inception, we have set the industry benchmark in accident repair and we continue to provide services to the world’s most recognised car manufacturers and dealerships from all over the world using our tried and tested award-winning approach.
We have doubled in size in the last 2 years and with future expansion on the horizon it has never been a better time to join the team.
And what about career progression?
Well the world is your oyster at Nationwide. As long as you have the right attitude and do a great job, Nationwide will invest in your learning, development and job progression. The obvious choice for you would be to progress to be a Team Leader however there are many more jobs in Nationwide that you might be interested in and we will invest in you to help you reach your goals.
Take Rachel Fisher, Customer Service Advisor at Gateshead: Rachel is one of our most outstanding Customer Service Advisors and when asked how she is so successful she advised us "I feel like we are moving away from the stigma of the motor trade being a predominately male oriented environment, Nationwide are taking an active role in promoting this. I'm a firm believer that it's theteam that make a company what it is, my colleagues and I have a mutual respect for each other. I personally feel these people have become morelike extended family than they are colleagues."
Come and join us, it’s awesome". Nationwide are absolutely committed to making sure you have a great place to work and are excited and engaged in what you are doing. Nationwide will support and reward all of your achievements.
What happens next?
Press theApplybutton now to start your application
Once you have applied for the Custome