What is the role?
We have an opportunity for an experienced HR generalist to join a forward thinking and innovative HR team within an organisation that sees people at the heart of everything it does.
As HR Advisor, you will provide generalist support for our Football and Charity divisions based across both St. Mary’s Stadium and our Staplewood Campus. You will be part of an evolving team of HR professionals who work closely together to ensure a fair and consistent people practice across the entire business.
You will join a team of HR professionals who work closely to ensure a fair and consistent process for all people related matters, whilst also providing proactive and commercially focused change to the working environment to drive high performance. We look to get the most out of our people in an environment which encourages engagement, creativity and development.
The successful candidate will be responsible for providing support to Managers in all HR related matters including; recruitment, training and development, employee relations and performance monitoring. You will play a key role in promoting our culture and values in all day to day activities to ensure our people work in environment which is enjoyable, challenging and rewarding.
What are we looking for?
We are looking for a personable candidate with an engaging personality, who has proven experience within a fast paced environment and can influence and advise Managers at all levels within the Group. We are looking for you to develop relationships with your Managers effectively in order to build and maintain a level of respect which ensures you are able to consistently provide trusted advice on day to day people issues.
The ideal candidate will embrace our values and working culture and become an ambassador for the Southampton Way. You will also have a flexible approach which manages the balance between department needs and the business needs.
We’d also like the ideal candidate to come on board with interesting and creative ideas to enhance the HR offering as we work to achieve our strategic and operational goals. This role gives you the chance to enhance your HR skills and develop in an environment which offers unlimited opportunity.
The competencies which are required include:
• 2 or more years’ experience in a generalist HR Advisor position.
• Experience within a fast paced HR environment.
• Line management experience.
• Experience within the sports industry.
• Experience within a leading commercial brand.
• Experience of a HR business partnering model.
Essential Qualifications (including certifications):
• Educated to Degree level or equivalent experience.
• CIPD Level 5 or above.
• Exceptional organisation skills.
• Excellent communication skills, with the ability to relay messages clearly and concisely to all levels of the hierarchy.
• IT literate - can use Word, Excel and PowerPoint to an Intermediate to Advanced level.
• Quality focus - takes responsibility for ensuring a high quality of work.
• Drive and Energy - demonstrates enthusiasm and is personally committed to achieving objectives set.
• Receptive to feedback about own behaviour, strengths and areas for improvement.
• Can work well within a team environment.
• Has experience with HR Information Systems.
• Offers empathy when required and ensures decisions are made with the Club’s values and overall vision/strategy in mind.
What do you get in return?
If you are successful you can look forward to a healthy benefits package;
• A competitive salary depending on experience.
• Two Season Tickets.
• 26 days’ holiday per year.
• Life Assurance Cover
• Contributory Pension Scheme.
• Incentivised Private Medical Insurance Scheme.
• Child Care Vouchers.
• Worldwide Travel Insurance.
• Free onsite parking.
• Discounted Southampton Football Club merchandise.
The closing date for applications is 14 February 2018.