Housing Options Officer
Morgan Hunt is working with a number of local authorities based across the south east of England including areas such as London, hertfordshire, Essex and other home counties. These clients are actively recruiting
for experienced Housing options officer on temporary contracts.
They are looking for an individual who is highly experienced, committed to providing excellent customer service and has a strong track record of working within this sector of work.
- Interview people who are homeless or threatened with homelessness and deal with homelessness applications.
- Make Section 184 decisions
- Provide advice to individuals threatened with homelessness under Part 6 & 7 of the housing act, including cases for acceptance, refusal or referral.
- Find solutions to help clients remain in their existing homes or finding suitable alternative housing.
The successful candidate should have:
- Experience within Homelessness as you will be expected to resolve homeless issues under parts VI & VII of the Housing Act (1996 & 2002)
- Highly knowledgeable of homelessness legislation (Sect 184, Sect 202) and caselaw is required.
- Knowledge and understanding of directly applying homelessness legislation in a local authority setting as the manager is unable to provide training on Housing Act laws and legislation
If you have previous experience of working within homelessness and meet the above requirements please apply now.
Morgan Hunt is a multi award winning Employment Business for interim, contract and temporary recruitment and acts as an Employment Agency in relation to permanent vacancies. Morgan Hunt is an equal opportunities employer job suitability are assessed on merit in accordance with their skills, qualifications and abilities to perform the relevant duties required in a particular role