Housekeeper – Paid Breaks
Wimborne, Dorset, BH21 3BQ
£7.83 per hour (including paid breaks)
An exciting opportunity has arisen to join our wonderful Nursing Home, Magna Care Centre in Wimborne, Dorset. Caring Homes prides itself on providing a warm and homely environment for our elderly residents, and our Domestic Team is key to achieving this at Home of Compassion within our Housekeeping Team.
We are able to offer full or part time opportunities, enhanced pay for bank holidays, paid breaks and fantastic training opportunities!
This is an exciting opportunity to work as a Domestic Housekeeper in our elderly nursing home with Dementia, Nursing and Residential Units. This is a role that is central to the daily lives of our residents and their families, so a caring nature and good people skills are essential alongside a practical ability.
Our home is our residents home, so your role in keeping it clean and tidy to a high standard is very important ensuring a clean and welcoming environment for the residents, guests and visitors. You will work part of a friendly team, where will be responsible for carrying out all cleaning duties as a Housekeeper within this luxury nursing home.
You’ll make sure daily and deep cleaning tasks are carried out to a high standard within the homes communal areas together with the resident’s bedrooms all with en-suites, complying with infection control guidelines.
It’s important that you respect the privacy and individual needs of the residents. It’s a rewarding role and a supportive workplace where everyone works together.
At Caring Homes we are a well-established care organisation that provides a safe and homely environment where the unique needs of individuals are recognized and skilled staff is available. To ensure this we offer training and development for all staff to ensure that service standards are achieved.
- Clean and sanitize rooms including furnishings in assigned work areas
- Maintain high standards of cleanliness and sanitation throughout all facilities
- Demonstrate an understanding of age specifics, cultural, and ethnic needs for patients and customers that have language barriers, physical and mental impairments, learning disabilities, and those dealing with emotional stress
- Will need to demonstrate the ability to work without direct supervision
- Must have ability to do extensive standing, bending, lifting, and pulling carts and equipment
What experience do we like you to have for this role?
- Experience of working within a similar domestic environment and have good knowledge of Health & Safety. You'll have previous experience/knowledge in cleaning and have good record keeping skills.
- You be an effective team player and be able to work as part of a team.
- Good Communication Skills, where you will be able to engage easily with residents in conversation and meaningful occupation related to their lifestyle choices at a level and pace that values the individual and respects their dignity and communication differences.
- Ability to work on own initiative
- Ability to maintain high levels of hygiene within the workplace
What are some of the benefits we can offer you?
- Great rates of pay – we regularly review regional and competitor pay rates to ensure we’re offering the best incentives to work with us
- Flexible hours – enabling you to balance work and home life.
- Voluntary Benefits Package – offering amazing retail discounts at over 8,000 locations nationwide, enabling our staff to make savings of up to £1,500 per year
- Personalised career path ladders including support with your Care Certificate to ensure fulfilling career development
- Learning and Development programme with full induction training including buddy system
- Childcare vouchers
- Employee Assistance Programme – Immediate access to a confidential telephone counselling and legal information service which operates 24 hours a day, 365 days a year
- Online Health Portal - All colleagues have access to the online health portal which enables you to make the most of full access to an encyclopaedia of health information
- Refer a Friend Scheme – earn up to £1,000 refer-a-nurse and £500 refer-a-friend for care and support workers.
“We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age".
Apply Online, Call Us Now onto discuss this opportunity further in more detail!
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'