- Performs work including activities which are complex and/or non-routine.
- Responsible for calibration and fault finding on a wide range of complex engineering plant and equipment.
- Works with flexibility across a diverse range of systems within the LHB premises, that include: Electrical Distribution / Lighting / Fire Detection / Building Control & Automation, Standby Generators’ & Plant / Security Access Control / CCTV / Nurse Call Systems / Data-Communication, Networking / Telecommunications equipment & associated software
- Undertaking planned preventative maintenance / reactive maintenance & repairs / Minor works & improvements / capital work and rapid response to emergency Situations within the LHB, as directed by the Manager. Ensuring compliance with the LHB’s Health and Safety standard procedures.
Temporary: Expected to last 3 months with possible extension
Hours per week: 37.5 hours per week
Salary: £12 to £ per hour (Umbrella) or £11 per hour (PAYE inclusive of holiday)
- A minimum City & Guilds / NVQ in electrical engineering or equivalent, plus minimum of 5 years post apprenticeship training. Including working towards 18th Editions IEE regs
Skills, Abilities, Knowledge
- Ability to lead work as part of a team and work unsupervised
- Ability to take responsibility for, including to supervise other non skilled workers while managing the team
- Ability to cost and organise materials, priories and work to agreed deadlines
- Ability to work at short notice / unsocial hours - with a flexible approach to working hours dictated by service requirements - including if required participation in any on-call arrangements
- Demonstrable organisational skills
KEY RESULT AREAS/ MAIN TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- To work in accordance with the requirements of the Health Technical Memorandum HTM2020, The Electrical Safety Code for Low Voltage Systems
- To be prepared to work in hazardous and confined areas taking all safety measures to prevent danger, avoid injury and prevent damage to equipment. Including ability to work at height using access from ladders and scaffolding
- To actively participate in the operation and control of the engineering planned maintenance scheme.
- To work overtime at short notice for emergency repairs and essential maintenance
- Actively participate daily in the operation of the "Facilities Management System" computerised labour management scheme, by working within the scheme to deadlines including authorization & completion of all required paperwork and spreadsheets. i.e. job Dockets, continuations & variation sheets.
- Ability to work unsupervised including planning jobs, organisation with heads of departments and both measuring & ordering materials
- Undertake essential repair works and general maintenance activities at the request of the supervisor / manager.
- To liaise with the supervisor / manager regarding plant or equipment failures and to request the supply of goods and / or services as necessary.
- Undertake faultfinding on complex Low Voltage networks, critical systems and equipment. Using 'cause effect analyses and detailed examination to gain solution.
- Undertake weekly maintenance in the Operating Theatres & be conversant with air particle flow testing & equipment
- Complete all report sheets and test certificates as necessary including any hazard notice inspections received by the trust, including reporting and compiling report as required. (electronic and hard copy)
- To follow planned maintenance schedules including the issuing of a "permit to work" as required inline with the LHB’s guidelines
- Undertakes electrical testing and monitors results to ensure compliance with the latest edition of the Wiring Regulations BS7671. Requesting remedial works or emergency isolations as and when required.
- Responsible for undertaking electrical installations in accordance with the latest edition of the Wiring Regulations BS7671
- Interprets and follows the regulations at all times
- Immediately notifies the Manager of any deviation from the regulations.
- Follows detailed engineering drawings and specifications.
- Uses all relevant fine tools and equipment within safety guidelines as necessary for the completion of complex works & installations.
- Undertakes inspection and commissioning tests for the installation and issues the appropriate completion certificates.
- Electrical Safety
- Engineering Drawings
- Fault Finding
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'