We’re looking for people with personality and passion to build great relationships with our clients.
You may have been furloughed, made redundant, looking for a second income, or you may be thinking about unretiring or has the recent lockdown community spirit left you with an appetite to want to make a difference?
Whatever your reason don’t worry if you have no sector experience, we have extensive training and on-going development opportunities that will enable to you deliver our special brand of relationship-led care.
Why Join a 5* Employer
When you join our team you are joining a care company like no other. We have built our business on our passion to change the face of ageing. We aim for excellence in everything we do and our flexible approach means we truly can put our clients’ needs first.
More than just a job -our office has a real sense of family, we go out of our way to listen to all of our people and act upon what they say, we get better together.
We know that to deliver high quality care and delight our clients we need great people, and we need to provide them with the training, mentoring and support to be the best they can.
During covid 19 all our staff have felt reassured, safe and well informed, we invest time in ensuring all staff have the correct training and equipment in PPE and infection protection. The wellbeing of both clients and staff is of equal importance to us.
What we are looking for
- Our clients trust us. They will rely on you to listen carefully to what they need, take an interest in them and deliver excellent care.
- People with good inter-personal skills. The central and most important part of the role with Home Instead is offering companionship and conversation. Each of our CAREGivers is matched to a client, based on mutual interests and hobbies to encourage a strong relationship to develop.
- More than just a job - we know that to deliver high quality care and delight our clients we need great people, and we need to provide them with training and support to be the best they can.
- We are looking for friendly, kind, compassionate people who like to spend time with older people and build a friendly but professional relationship.
You must be aged 21 or over, hold a full UK license and have your own vehicle as you may take your clients out into the community or to appointments.
- Competitive pay
- Paid mileage and paid travel time
- Work close to home in Swansea (SA1-SA7)
- We can offer part-time hours from 4 hours up to 30 hours per week
- Paid Annual Leave equivalent to 5.6 weeks (pro-rata to hours worked) including Bank Holidays
- Workplace Pension
- Career progression with ongoing training and continuing education provided
- Discounts on shopping, health & beauty, family days out, food & drink, weekly shop and much more
- Refer a Friend Bonus Scheme
- CAREGiver Recognition Awards i.e. length of service, magic moments
- Ongoing mentoring and wellbeing support
What our newest CAREGivers say about working for us
The CAREGivers below had no previous sector experience.
Pauline age 67 started Oct 19
"I have been married for 48 years and have always been creative, run my own business and cared for my family, so even though I wasn’t sure about the role with Home Instead as soon as I met the team, I felt certain that this is the type of organisation I wanted to be a part of.!"
Aimee Aged 23 started Oct 18
'I always wanted to care work with the elderly but fell into hair dressing, but changing career and working for home instead was 100% the best move for me. After looking at care jobs for a while home instead stood out the most, due to their unique way of working and being like no other care company, the minute I rung everyone there was so friendly and inviting.’
Joy Aged 50 started Mar 19
I've been working with Home Instead since March 2019 and I’m still enjoying it! People are not projects … we have a lot to learn from others alongside our giving. Always embrace an opportunity to learn’