Would you like to make a difference to an older adult in the Burton-upon-Trent area of East Staffordshire by becoming a Home Care Assistant & Companion? We are looking for people in the Burton-on-Trent, Barton-under-Needwood, Tutbury, Anslow, Yoxall, Repton and Willington areas.
There is an epidemic of loneliness in the UK at the moment and you could make a huge difference to an older person’s life!
This is an exciting opportunity to join an award-winning homecare provider, specialising in care and support to private clients within their own homes. With minimum one-hour calls they believe this enables client/carer relationships to be central to the support they provide. They provide the highest quality service to help support older people and to help them remain independent in their own homes.
This provider values their staff and their development, so they offer continuous training and support, with excellent career progression opportunities. This could be the first step towards a rewarding career. They offer fantastic benefits for their team, including:
- Making a difference to someone’s everyday life is the biggest benefit and motivator for doing this job!
- Excellent hourly rate of £9.20 - £19.40;
- Part-time hours are available, approximately 10-25 hours per week.
If you are available some early mornings, lunchtimes, afternoons, evenings or weekends, then we want to hear from you.
Every day will be different, and your duties may involve:
- Assisting them with their morning or bedtime routines;
- Prompting to take medication;
- Assisting with washing and dressing;
- Taking them out shopping or attending local groups in the community;
- Attending doctors or hospital appointments;
- Preparing meals and being a friend and someone for company.
What skills do you need to be a Home Care Assistant & Companion?
Firstly, you will want to make a difference to someone’s life and have a big heart!
You can be any age group and from any background, there is no upper limit.
You will be able to strike a relationship and rapport with the person you are matched with.
You will also be happy to provide personal care, which could be as simple handing someone a toothbrush.
You will also have a UK driving licence and have access to your own vehicle.
If you are excited and interested in this job opportunity, then please click "apply."
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job