We are looking for a Home Care Assistant & Companion in Bristol and surrounding areas including Knowle, Whitchurch, Bedminster, Southville, Brislington, Long Ashton, Southmead, Westbury-on-Trym, Henleaze, Ashley Down, Clifton and Redland to join our team of award winning carers.
We are a professional homecare and support service who provide the very best possible support to customers within their own home. We are committed to building trusting relationships with our customers, and we aim to inspire our customers to maintain their independence by providing the highest quality of care.
We offer some fantastic qualities too, including:
- £8.20 - £15.00 per hour;
- Enhanced weekend rates of pay;
- Guaranteed hours;
- Paid travel time between customers;
- 40p per mile mileage allowance;
- Childcare vouchers;
- Comprehensive induction and shadowing;
- Free sign up to "Perkbox" - a generous benefits package which includes free mobile phone insurance, half price cinema tickets, money off shops and restaurants and more;
- Private Health Cash plan for employees after one-year service;
- Excellent opportunities for career progression and support towards further qualifications.
What are the potential hours for a Home Care Assistant & Companion?
- Full or part time hours available with a mixture of shifts from 7am - 2pm and 4pm - 10pm;
- Alternate weekends;
- Waking nights and sleep-ins;
- Live in Care.
This can be a truly rewarding and fulfilling career where you can make a real difference to the life of an older person in your community. Your responsibilities may include:
- Assisting customers with their morning or bedtime routines;
- Prompting to take medication;
- Assisting customers with personal care including washing and dressing;
- Taking customers out shopping or attending local groups;
- Attending doctors or hospital appointments;
- Preparing meals;
- General house duties such as vacuuming, dusting, doing the laundry, bed making etc.
You will need to hold a full driving licence and have access to your own transport as the job involves house to house visits.
Personal or professional experience is required. It may be that you have supported a family member at home with their health needs, or that you have previously worked in the industry, providing hands-on care. If so, we want to hear from you.
Whatever your background, if you are a caring individual with a big heart, and you are interested in applying for this job, then please click on apply.