Rikama Education are currently looking for a HOD Design Technology DT to work in Bromley with a view to develop into a director of Design and Technology. You will be leading a team of committed and enthusiastic specialists within the department and benefiting from their amazing facilities. The excellent rate of pay will be dependent on your experience ranging up to £50,000 - L10. Your day to day duties will include:
• Strategic leadership of the DT Curriculum
• Ensuring that appropriate and regular assessment and reporting is completed by all members of staff in the department within the correct manner
• As and where appropriate, ensure that ICT is included within teaching the DT subject
• Oversee and monitor the accuracy of external examinations entries, working alongside the Examinations Officer
• Keep up to date records of the pupil's DT attainment, monitoring their progress making sure special action where necessary to ensure standards are upheld
• Co-ordinate the work of the department, drawing up a departmental development plan, handbooks and schemes that corresponde with the school policy
To be considered for this exciting HOD Design Technology -DT role, you will need the following experience:
• Assisting the headmistress in selecting and appointing teachers within the Design Technology department
• Being responsible for the budget and planning to control expenditure
• Teach a timetable across the full age range in the Senior School as well as Sixth Form, following the departments agreed curriculum and work scheme
• Leading regular DT departmental meetings to ensure deliberations are acted upon
• Ensuring that an extremely varied programme of extra curriculum of the department is offered to all pupils
Our client is looking for a HOD Design Technology - DT to join a busy yet welcoming and friendly team. The school serves students from ages 11-18 with a strong, inclusive and caring culture with an Ofsted rating of Good'. They are extremely proud of the young people within the school who are committed to their learning and are a huge representation of their academic excellence and the amazing care that the students receive.
If you are interested in applying to this Senior HOD Design Technology role, please click apply now below.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'