About the Company
A global leader in medical technology, my client are looking for a scientist to work in the R&D team provide histological support.
About the role
Supporting the Research division by the provision of specialist histological services. you will apply your theoretical knowledge, practical skills and a scientific approach in order to achieve project objectives.
Using your knowledge and skills in soft tissue histology, ideally wax and frozen, you will be embedding samples and sectioning and cutting, staining samples and then analysing slides. You will prepare clear, scientific reports for preclinical projects and provide scientific input. Working in accordance with the requirements of ISO9001, GLP and COSHH and working in conjunction with various project leaders.
- A degree in Biomedical Science, biological science or a HND (or equivalent) and histology experience
- Experience in soft tissue histology (wax and frozen) and bone
- Knowledge and experience of staining techniques used in histology
- Experience with Micro CT would be an advantage
- Excellent written and communication skills are a must; you will be writing reports and working across multiple projects
The position comes with a competitive salary and benefits package and the opportunity to work with a global leader.