HGV Technician / Mechanic
Mon - Fri (0700 - 1700\0
£13per hour + £5 shift group (per day)
Duties & Responsibilities:-
- Servicing and repair of equipment to MOT standard.
- A high level of understanding of Legal Compliance and standards of Roadworthiness.
- Ensure workshop tasks are completed in a timely and efficient manner to the required standard.
- Ability to work unsupervised with a high level of self-motivation.
- Awareness of authorization procedures regarding required repairs.
- Completion of inspection documents and jobsheets/timesheets to the highest standard.
- Undertaking of any necessary training.
- Covering of shifts on an overtime basis as and when required (days and nights).
- Any other reasonable requests made by the Teamleader or Workshop Supervisor.
- Carry out HGV / trailer & tanker repairs
- Routine & Planned Servicing
- Trailer Repair & Maintenance
- Brake testing trailers as part of their PMI inspection.
- Preparing trailers for MOT tests.
- Ensuring that all paperwork is filled in correctly and in a timely fashion.
- Rectifying defects which may arise in the general running of the fleet of trailers and tractors as and when needed.
- To ensure that Health and Safety is maintained to the highest standards in line not only with HSE standards but also those of the Company.
- To ensure that high standards of housekeeping are carried out both within the maintenance areas and also the steam cleaning bay.
- Presenting vehicles for annual test to an external test centre.
- Qualified vehicle technician, Level 3
- HGV and Trailer maintenance & repair experience
- HGV C+E, Class 1 license (desirable)
- ADR License (desirable)
- Experience with working on commercial vehicles, trucks and lorries
- Experience working in a busy workshop environment
- Computer Literate
- Excellent working knowledge of LGV trailer maintenance
- Ability to work with minimum supervision to a high standard
Search is an equal opportunities recruiter and we welcome applications from all suitably skilled or qualified applicants, regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/beliefs, sexual orientation or age.