HGV TECHNICIAN NEWBURY
Dealership experience not essential but would be preferred.
Various shifts available
- Test drive vehicles, and test components and systems, using equipment such as infrared engine analyzers, compression gauges, and computerized diagnostic devices.
- Examine vehicles to determine extent of damage or malfunctions.
- Repair, reline, replace, and adjust brakes.
- Follow checklists to ensure all important parts are examined, including belts, hoses, steering systems, spark plugs, brake and fuel systems, wheel bearings, and other potentially troublesome areas.
- Confer with customers to obtain descriptions of vehicle problems, to discuss work to be performed and identify future repair requirements.
- Perform routine and scheduled maintenance services such as oil changes, lubrications, and tune-ups.
- Repair and service air conditioning, heating, engine-cooling, and electrical systems.
- Test and adjust repaired systems to meet manufacturers’ performance specifications.
- Review work orders and discuss work with supervisors.
- Repair, and rebuild faulty assemblies such as power systems, steering systems, and linkages.
Repairing and Maintaining Vehicles & Equipment — Service, repair adjust and test vehicles, to ensure safety and optimum performance.
Updating and Using Relevant Knowledge — Keeping up-to-date technically and applying knowledge to your job.
Inspecting Equipment, Structures, or Material — Inspecting equipment, structures, or materials to identify the cause of errors or other problems or defects.
Interacting With Computers — Using computers and computer systems to enter data, or process information.
Repairing and Maintaining Equipment— Servicing, repairing, calibrating, regulating, fine-tuning, and testing.
Education apprenticeship scheme with on-the-job experience, or recognised training programme within a commercial dealership.
Related Experience - Previous work-related skill, knowledge, or experience