Hours: 40hr week - 06.00-14.30 and 13.30-22.00 alternate Sat's 06.00-12 at x1.5
Hourly Rate: £14.50 - £17.00hr + o/t above 40 hrs at 1.5 and Sat mornings + Standby: 15 per day + Call Out: 25 plus hours worked either at x1.5 or x2 00.00-06.00 Sun/BH
- Extensive training (both training courses & on the job)
- Clear progression path
- Personal development
- 22 days rising to 25 with service.
- Pension scheme
- Healthcare Scheme
- Employee discounts across retailers, cinemas
- Personal accident insurance
- Childcare vouchers
- Cycle to work scheme
- Discount on vehicles
Our client, a national group of commercial vehicle dealerships is currently recruiting for 2 experienced HGV Technician’s to join their busy workshop.
As a Technician you will ensure the highest possible levels of productive efficiency, quality of workmanship and production finish, to sustain growth in customer confidence in the service provided by the Dealer point
Main Tasks / Responsibilities / Authorities:
- Ensure repairs are carried out according to manufacturer’s procedures and in a safe and responsible manner.
- Ensure repairs are carried out in accordance with Volvo Standard Times using Volvo Special Tools where appropriate.
- Assist in the fault diagnosis process.
- Comply with warranty procedures during repairs and with warranty material on completion of a repair.
- Assist with Action Service Europe when required.
- Work with the parts team to ensure the correct replacement parts are fitted to the vehicles.
- Road test vehicle when required (if holder of HGV licence).
- Assist with roadside breakdowns.
- Ensure that the company time recording procedures are complied with and that job cards are completed accurately
- Ensure that service sheets are completed as per Volvo instructions.
- Ensure that all vehicle defects are reported to your workshop controller
- Ensure that the workshop facilities, equipment and tools are kept clean, tidy and maintained, reflecting the modern retail Dealer point.
- Wear personal protective equipment (PPE) when appropriate.
- Support the development of any young trainees and apprentices.
Key Skills / Competencies:
- Technically competent in the repair and maintenance of HGVs
- To effectively communicate at all levels both written and verbally and be an active team member.
- To develop or work in developing new or enhancing existing processes
- To adapt and take on new skills and approaches and participate in training and development activities
Required knowledge & experience:
- City and Guilds, NVQ 3 or equivalent
- Completed an apprenticeship in HGV industry or equivalent experience
- Experience within the commercial vehicle industry.
2. Additional important requirements:
- Basic knowledge of Word, Excel & Outlook applications & general computer literacy.
- Basic working knowledge of Vehicle Technology.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job