HGV Mechanic/Truck Technician Manager - Job Summary
Our client is a highly successful family run business that has been established for over 30 years , head office located in Ivybridge. They have an opportunity for a new HGV Mechanic/Truck Technician to join the team at their workshop based in Roborough, Plymouth.
HGV Mechanic/Truck Technician Manager - The Ideal Candidate
The successful candidate will need:
- Must be a qualified mechanic and have previous experience of working in a Heavy Goods Vehicle Workshop.
- Carrying out routine inspections,
- Maintenance and repairs to a high standard
- Carrying out defect repairs
- Fault diagnostic and rectification using the latest computer system and tooling
- Provide roadside assistance for local broken down vehicles;
- Complete job cards and service sheets in a timely manner
- Out of hours calls on a rota required although many of our vehicles running the night shift are on manufacturers R&M.
HGV Mechanic/Truck Technician Manager - The Benefits
- HGV Licence is desired but not essential
- Must be able to work as a team but also use their own initiative
- Time keeping is essential and planning is key to making the workshop run effectively and efficiently for all departments
- Salary start at £30,000 but negotiable depending on experience
- 20 Days + Bank Holidays
- Health Care Package
- Tools provided but own tools are a benefit
- "Mechanic" "HGV"