Location: Hatton Cross
Salary: Up to £27,378.00
Contract: Full time, Permanent
The Brink's Company is a premier provider of secure logistics and security solutions and services. Our customers include financial institutions, retailers, government agencies, mints, jewelers and other commercial operations around the world. Our global network serves customers in more than 100 countries around the world.
Brinks UK are now currently recruiting for 7.5 tonne and HGV Drivers.
The successful candidates will be responsible for transporting freight to and from customer premises. Due to the nature of the role and operation, the successful candidates will be expected to work overtime as and when required.
Duties of the HGV Driver:
• Collect, move and deliver high value freight, ensuring all form of receipting is fully and accurately completed.
• Inspect Company vehicles for defects, reporting defects as appropriate.
• Observe and adhere to Airport and relevant customs rules and regulations.
• Operate a vehicle with a Tacograph in accordance with EU & UK rules and regulations.
• Observe the Highway Code and drive company vehicles with maximum care and attention.
• Ensure that all license requirements (Vehicle, SIA) are met.
• As ambassadors of the company, display maximum professionalism in all dealings with customers and the general public during a collection/delivery service.
• Observe the company health and safety policies and safe systems of work instructions at all times.
• Observe GDP guidelines and work practice recommendations when transporting/moving pharmaceutical products
Knowledge and Experience:
• Possess a clean Cat C1, C1+E or C+E driving licence with no more than 3 penalty points.
• Previous work experience as a 7.5 tonne / HGV Driver.
• Have a good command of the English language.
• Be able to complete paperwork in compliance with DfT / CAA guidelines.
• Have good working knowledge of Tachograph rules.
• Have a good understanding / working knowledge of health and safety at work.
• Be physically fit.
Successful candidates will be subject to a 10 year employment reference check and will be required to undergo a Criminal Disclosure (CRB) and credit reference check to ensure no bankruptcy orders or CCJs are on file. We also operate a strict Drugs and Alcohol policy that all employees are expected to adhere to
If you feel you have the necessary skills and experience to be successful in this role click on “APPLY” today, forwarding an up to date copy of your CV for consideration in the first instance.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job