HGV Class 1 Driver - Whistleberry 5 Days
Our client has been delivering across the UK since 1833, they can reach areas that other cannot. Today, they are Logistic UK’s most innovative business of the year, with a strong focus on the future, sustainability, and innovation – They keep moving forwards.
They have an excellent opportunity for an experienced HGV Class 1 Driver to join their Retail Logistics Team. Our clients team play a vital role in supporting our UK & Ireland operations to systematically plan, implement and control the efficient movement of goods (and storage).
You will work closely with their Transport and Operations Manager, who will support you to execute a busy multi-drop schedule. You'll have the opportunity to drive one of our state-of-the-art Class 1 HGV's and will have full access to our advanced technology, which will free you up to deliver an uncompromised level of service.
Our clients customers rely on them to deliver their promises, and they rely on their drivers to ensure each delivery reaches our customers on time, in perfect condition and with a contagious smile.
And, let’s not forget, you’ll be joining one of the UK’s largest and most recognised distribution brands, where career, personal development and going the ‘extra mile’ is at the heart of their company ethos.WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Comply with all Driver hours and Road Transport Directive legislation
- Feedback to the office on any issues around loading, unloading or delays
- Maintaining safety and security of loads at all times
- Keep in regular communication with both customers and colleagues to update on progress and manage expectations effectively
- Drive in a safe and responsible manner, as they value the communities they serve
- Carrying out necessary checks to ensure vehicle is safe and legal
- Ensure the vehicle is loaded safely and within the legislation
- All deliveries reach the customer safely, efficiently and on time
- Complete daily vehicle checks, both pre and post-shift
- Keep an accurate and honest record of all vehicle checks
- A minimum of 180 days of relevant driving experience within the last 2 years
- A valid Category C+E (Class 1) Drivers Licence with a maximum of 6 points, for insurance purposes
- A valid digital tacho card and CPC card
- No previous disqualifications NI, DD or DR
- A detailed understanding of the rules and regulation around drivers' hours
- Physically fit to meet the demands of a multi-drop driving role
- Hardworking, positive and a flexible attitude to work
- Undergo a background check and drug/alcohol test if successful
In addition to a competitive remuneration package and company benefits, we provide ongoing development and learning programmes, services and support designed to help you manage and balance your work/life priorities.
- 31 Days Annual Leave (Pro-Rota)
- Pension Scheme
- Life Cover
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Eye Care
Our client want everyone to feel welcome, regardless of your background or needs. If you need adjustments making to your working environment, they will do everything they can to support you. As part of this commitment, they offer flexible working options for some of their roles.
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'