Job Title: HGV Class 1 Driver (tramping)
Salary: £34,000 - £36,000 per annum (performance related)
Class 1 Drivers, are you looking to branch away from temporary assignments and progress into a role that is stable and secure? Are you looking to embark on tramping shift patterns in order to secure financial stability?
If you are an experienced Class 1 Driver then get in touch. I currently have a permanent, full time vacancy in Tilbury for professional HGV Drivers who are looking nights out/tramping shifts and day shifts in a role that offers a fresh challenge and an extremely appealing pay packet!
As my golden candidate you will have an impressive background in Class 1 Driving and be able to complete a minimum of 4 nights out per week. You will act as a company ambassador in front of clients whilst adhering to health and safety regulations and driver hours legislation at all times.
You will be responsible for using specialist equipment so this is a great opportunity for you to develop your skills and build a career within a hugely successful organisation.
Full training is provided along with stability, career progression and an amazing team behind you, however you will be required to have recent experience in driving Class 1 vehicles.
Please note, our next assessment day for this role will be held on Friday 16th March 2018.
- Route planning and selection
- Communicate effectively with Planners and Operations to ensure smooth running of the operation
- Supervise the delivery of the loads
- Complete relevant paperwork regarding the loads
- Ensure the loads are evenly distributed throughout the trailers and do not breach and GVW for the relevant vehicle
- Carry out pre work vehicle checks as per company policies
- Report any faults swiftly and accurately as per the company procedure
- Adhere to Drivers Hours Regulations and Working Time Directive at all times
- Drive courteously and respectfully at all times
- Remain up to date with current legislation
- Uphold the company brand image, including uniform / vehicle cleanliness and standards at all times
- Follow training that has been given by the employer, e.g. Safe systems of work etc.
- Possess a full LGV C+E (Class 1) licence with a maximum of 6 penalty points
- Full CPC and Digital Tachograph card
- Be able to commit to four nights out per week
- Live within reasonable travelling distance to the depot
- Adhere to all EU Drivers' hours rules and regulation
- Be physically active due to the demanding nature of the role
- Have excellent communication skills at all levels towards both customers and colleagues
- Have a good geographic knowledge of the UK road network
- Have a positive, can-do attitude, willing to learn and be of a smart appearance
- Uphold the company brand image, including uniform/vehicle cleanliness, at all times
If you are looking for the next step in your career then apply today or get in touch with Emily in our Head Office.
Looking for a tool to help you with your job search?
Download the Swanstaff APP now for all our latest vacancies, career advice and more!
EMPOWERING PEOPLE WITH OPPORTUNITIES
Swanstaff Recruitment is an equal employment company.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job