A highly successful IT and telecommunications services company based in central London seek a communicative Helpdesk Engineer to join their busy team, to carry out a variety of technical and coordination tasks to meet customer requirements.
TYPE: Contract, Full Time
CNTRACT PERIOD: ASAP to the end of Mar 2025
WORKING DAYS: 35 hours per week, Mon-Fri 8:00-16:00 / 9:00-17:00
LOCATION: Central London
SALARY: Up to £32,000 depending on experience
HELPDESK ENGINEER RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Serving as the 1st and 2nd level contact at Helpdesk and assist end-users as their escalation point of contact
• Diagnosing and troubleshooting software and hardware issues remotely on computer and mobile, other IT infrastructure components if required
• Arranging repairing and replacing damaged computer and mobile, other IT infrastructure components if required
• Installing, configuring and maintaining software components on computer and mobile
• Ensuring the security of client and server computers by installing and upgrading EPP/EDR/MDM/MAM/Other software
• Active Directory administration / Azure AD administration based on the procedure/instruction
• Public cloud based server administration based on the procedure/instruction
• Queuing management with IT support ticket system
• Supporting people whenever they encounter challenges with computers and network devices
• Maintaining and updating technical documentation regularly
• Proof of concept testing new hardware and software before full-scale installation
• Temporary or long-term customer support at their office, if required
• Project and service delivery schedule management
• Careful consideration to ensure profitable systems and implementation
• Maintain secure operations and keep the environment tidy
• Periodical status report to line manager
• Cover early shifts as a part of team rota
• Travel over the world for business purposes as and when required
• Handle ad-hoc requests from line managers
HELPDESK ENGINEER IDEAL CANDIDATE:
• Wide knowledge and proficiency in PC software like Microsoft Windows 10/11/servers, MS Office and Antivirus software
• Proven work experience in Helpdesk or IT support or IT technician roles
• Associate degree or advanced apprenticeship in Computer Science or relevant disciplines is preferred
• MS fundamental or more than certification holder or corresponding skills holder are preferred
• In-depth knowledge and practical experience of PC hardware and OS(Windows and Mac)
• In-depth knowledge and practical experience of Mobiles (IOS and Android. MDM/MAM)
• In-depth knowledge of internet, network protocols and devices
• Practical experience with Active Directory is preferred
• Basic knowledge of Microsoft 365 administration, practical experience preferred
• Problem-solving skills, technical documentation skills, organisational and interpersonal skills
• English proficiency business level
** All applicants must have the right to work in the UK as the Company is not able to offer visa support.
If your application is successful, you will be contacted within two business days.
We regret that due to the high volume of applications we receive we cannot provide feedback on individual CVs.
- Information Technology
- Network Devices
Please note Reed.co.uk does not communicate with candidates via Whatsapp, and we will never ask you to provide your bank, passport or driving licence details during the application process. To stay safe in your job search and flexible work, we recommend visiting JobsAware, a non-profit, joint industry and law enforcement organisation working to combat labour market abuse. Visit the JobsAware website for information and free expert advice for safer work.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'