- Choice of Day or Night Shift
- Competitive Salary + package
- 40 hrs base + premium O/T
World class manufacturer to the motorsport and Automotive world are looking for a Heat Treatment Technician to join their expanding workforce in Newbury, Berkshire to undertake the processes of the heat treatment department to high levels of quality and to production schedules.
- To process and manufacture components.
- To competently operate machinery within the department and in other departments if required.
- To undertake department processes in a controlled and timely manner.
- To adhere to department standards and create records including quality certificates and process sheets.
- To maintain and carry out preventative maintenance programmes to all equipment.
- Advise Production Engineers on tooling, jigs and fixtures.
- To undertake personal development reviews, training and assessments.
- To observe the Health and Safety rules at all times.
- To follow the company quality procedures and be competent in company operational procedures and controls.
- To carry out any reasonable additional duties as requested by management.
Heat Treatment Specific
- Safe working practise of furnaces and heat treatment equipment.
- Preparation of parts - cleaning, applying stop-off paint & understanding required Heat Treatment Specifications.
- Preparation of Heat Treatment Loads.
- Creation of Heat Treatment Records.
- Loading and unloading of furnaces.
- Using hardness checking equipment to verify parts meet specification.
- Preparation of parts for next operations - cleaning, removal of masking media & protecting parts from corrosion or damage.
- Additional Skills
- Automated Deburring/Chamfering of components.
- Shot Peen of components.
- Straightening of components.
- Performing NDT operations.
The following skills and experience would be ideal:
A demonstrable knowledge of atmospheric and vacuum heat treatment equipment, techniques and operating procedures
Material coupon preparation, micro-section, hardness checking
Operating procedures and effective jigging techniques
Audit awareness and corrective action problem solving skills
We will endeavour to respond to all applicants, but if you do not receive a response within 5 working days, please consider yourself unsuccessful on this application.
Syntech Recruitment Limited is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this position.
- Heat Treatment
- Process Engineering
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'