IHS is a leading provider of research to the medical technology and healthcare IT industries, and currently looking to recruit a market analyst to support its rapidly growing and successful team. The team is located across various locations in Europe and USA.
The successful candidate will be responsible for producing high quality in-depth reports to support the critical business decisions of our customers. The analyst will utilize primary and secondary market research techniques to collect information related to the global medical device market. The analyst will be keen to apply strong analytical and communication skills to develop a deep understanding of the industry.
General Job Duties:
Responsible for driving IHS Technology research in medical technology and healthcare IT.
Help deliver business analysis and actionable advice to medical technology device manufacturers, software and service suppliers, financial and other ecosystem participants within the medical device and healthcare IT industry.
Specific Job Duties:
- Publish leading research and analysis on the market that is critical to the success of suppliers to the healthcare ecosystem and allied markets.
- Locate and qualify new sources of data and information from primary and secondary sources. Write up research findings in a concise manner.
- Build and regularly interview a global network of key industry contacts. Search for new contacts and establish a business relationship. Quickly respond to client questions and queries.
- Work with our global sales and marketing teams to promote our research, and support client renewals to ensure commercial targets are met.
- Regularly meet with key industry personnel to drive business development and support account managers to grow the business.
- Maintain forecasts of medical devices and associated IT systems. Perform competitive analysis of medical device vendors including primary surveys and publication of market share data.
- Help to analyze emerging system technology trends and assess the impact they will have on the market opportunities and competitive dynamics of the focus area.
- Write short industry insight pieces based on own analysis or input from other analysts. Present at major industry events on IHS research and findings when appropriate.
- Work with internal company resources to exchange data among related services.
- Produce press and marketing materials to promote IHS products. Examples include research notes, analyst insights and sales brochures.
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in fields related to medical or biomedical sciences, IT, technology, business, statistics, accounting or other scientific/technical field. Master’s or higher degree is a plus.
- Desired Experience:
- 3-5 years’ experience of market analysis and/or directly related experience within the medical technology and healthcare IT.
- Ability to work with numerical models.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Ability to professionally consult with clients in a commercial setting. Occasional soft cold calling may be required.
- Strong attention to detail with analytical and critical thinking abilities.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously. Self-motivation and natural curiosity are essential.
- Highly effective organizational and prioritization skills, including the ability to stay on task and maintain focus in a fast-paced environment.
- Technical and commercial experience in the medical technology and healthcare IT industry is a plus.
- Proficiency with MS applications required (Excel, Word and PowerPoint). Experience with databases is helpful.
- Ability and willingness to speak at conferences, events, and in media interviews.
Occasional travel required (5-10%).
- Healthcare Information Systems
- Market Research
- Medical Devices
- Medical Technology
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"