Health Care Assistant
Rhodes Wood Hospital is an established provider of specialist treatment for Eating Disorders, and will in 2018 be developing its service provision to provide a 12 bed service which is able to support crisis management and symptom reduction for young people and families who are living with the challenges of Neuro Developmental Disorders.
The service will provide comprehensive assessment and family centred goal setting for young people and their parents. Using the support of the National Autistic Society, Rhodes Wood will use the SPELL framework and by adopting this multi - component approach will recognise the individual and unique needs of each child.
Our focus on functional assessment and positive behaviour support will enable our service to ensure that planning and intervention are organised to enable each young person to have an individually developed treatment plan to meet their needs.
The Health Care Assistant role forms part of our core team for the delivery of our inpatient service for young people with learning difficulties and ASD.
The service provides an innovative and psychologically led treatment approach to support families and young people on managing behaviour that is challenging.
The post holder will be required to contribute to day to day care and deliver psychosocial interventions as part of a positive behaviour management plan. They will contribute to functional behavioural assessment and lead delivery of agreed plans for allocated cases.
The post holder will work as part of the core team and contribute to the provision of a comprehensive high quality multi-component psychology approach across the unit.
• Assisting qualified staff with the assessment and implementation of individual patient care plans
• Undertaking routine tasks and activities as directed to facilitate the well-being, dignity and treatment of all patients
• Providing practical support and responsive care to patients who require assistance with intimate personal needs such as dressing, bathing and toileting activities, ensuring that such activities comply with procedures and the relevant healthcare legislation
• Observing and monitoring the well-being of patients ensuring that any unusual physical, mental or emotional occurrences are promptly referred to senior staff/the primary nurse and documented as appropriate
• Developing and maintaining a good professional relationship with patients, colleagues and visitors
• Responding promptly and courteously to requests and enquiries
• To comply with relevant Elysium policies and procedures in relation to the delivery of service to residents
• To assist patients with their nutritional intake and ensure that food preferences are understood and acknowledge
• To actively participate in monthly supervision and annual appraisal system
• To be responsible for inputting information into the Care Notes IT system, ensuring compliance with the Data Protection Act
• To take written and verbal messages and disseminate information to staff and residents as appropriate
• To report accidents /incidents and any health and safety issues or concerns regarding residents’ wellbeing to the Registered Nurse and complete relevant paperwork.
To be successful as Health Care Assistant you’ll need:
• Has achieved or is willing to work towards NVQ Level 2 in Care
• Ability and willingness to use initiative
• Works flexibly and as part of a team
• Good written and verbal English language and communication skills
• Customer focussed
• Computer skills - basic level
• Full Driving Licence
• Has achieved NVQ Level 3 in Care
About our benefits
In return for your expertise and hard work, we offer a wide range of benefits:
• 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays (at commencement of employment)
• A Group Personal Pension Plan (GPPP)
• Private Medical Insurance Scheme
• Life Assurance
• Free meals while on duty
• Carefirst - Employee Assistance Services
• Continuous learning and development
• Childcare vouchers
• Career development
• Personal health insurance
• Voluntary Benefits