About the role
Interserve Healthcare in Peterborough is currently looking for a Support Worker to support waking nights with our young client in the Flitwick area who has a rare genetic epileptic condition called SCN2A.
Our client suffers with 4 different types of seizures; the most common seizure can happen between 80 - 100 times per day. Medication is available if the seizure persists however you must be vigilant and ensure that you are observant over night whilst his parents sleep. You must also be able to verbally reassure the client and remain with him at all times.
You will be expected to help the client in order to transfer, roll and mobilise. The client is unable to verbalise, he is able to smile (this can be seizure related), he will use facial expressions and coughing to communicate.
He requires full assistance to take his medication. Care staff will need to prepare and administer his medications as required during the night and be competent to do so.
The shifts are as follows:
Tuesday, Wednesday and Fridays - 21:15pm- 06:15am.
Following skills & experience required:
• 6 months previous care and personal care experience (essential)
• Excellent communication skills, written, verbal and listening
• Have a caring and compassionate attitude
• Can commit to regular hours
• Manual handling
• Experience of working with clients with complex care needs (preferred but not essential)
• Medication management (preferred but not essential)
• Experience with Epilepsy (preferred but not essential)
• Rescue Medication Training (preferred but not essential)
About the Company
Interserve Healthcare delivers specialist healthcare services to clients in their own homes and in healthcare establishments throughout the UK. We recruit Nurses, Healthcare Assistants and Support Workers on a national basis to deliver outstanding care and support to our ever-growing client base.
What we can offer you:
• Weekly pay plus holiday pay
• On-going 24/7 support from the Senior Nurse Team
• Refer a friend bonus scheme
• First refusal to other care opportunities
• Members loyalty scheme
Interserve Healthcare is an Investors in Diversity accredited company & committed to equal opportunities for all (Agy).
- Care Plans
- Health Care
- Social Care