Experienced Health & Safety Operations Manager for a major property & facilities firm with their HQ in central London to be the primary source of Health Safety advice across the business both with the FM and property management division, aligning and updating procedures to ensure compliance and maintenance of the H&S Management System. Home based, but in central London 1 to 2 days per week, the Health & Safety Operations Manager will travel across the UK mentoring and supporting senior staff.
This would suit a highly experienced and technically competent Health & Safety Operations Manager with a sound practical understanding of the commercial property sector and the pragmatic implementation H&S best practice across a large and diverse property portfolio. The successful Health & Safety Operations Manager should be skilled and persuasive in balancing the commercial business needs with cost effective compliance / best practice solutions. The role would suit someone who enjoys a high degree independence along with collaborative working.
Health & Safety Operations Manager:
- Ensure that each region is managing the risks identified and work with the FM network to provide support and advice. This will require attendance to FM regional meetings including those not directly within the Region responsible for.
- Line Management of the Regional Safety Advisors.
- Interrogation of our Risk Management Platform running regular reports and working with the FM network in managing the risks to conclusion.
- Assist the Head of Health and Safety with the UK Risk & Compliance reports
- Providing Property Management Directors with risk liability reports and support
- Liaison with sites to ensure that accidents and incidents are being reported
- Project manage any incident at sites to a conclusion, reporting to the management team on issues they may need to address. This may involve enforcement agencies.
- Review regions audit results and report on trends to the Head of Health and Safety.
- Ensure the wider Senior Management Team are kept informed on matters relating to standards of safety and environmental issues; producing and distributing relevant and timely briefings.
- Carry out H&S / Environmental audits of sites and manage the audit programme
- Quality checking the reports and administration
- Budget management
- Reporting any audit programme shortfalls to the Head of Health and Safety.
- Facilitate training courses and update briefings as required.
- Directly assist with the review, updating and delivery of training
- Provide regular technical briefings and deliver training / CPD sessions to various management teams which may include National Directors and Clients
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Professional qualification in Health & Safety and Environmental Compliance such as NEBOSH Diploma or H&S / Environmental Degree, IEMA etc.
- Member of IOSH to at least Graduate level
- Experience in training or facilitating courses.
- Strong numerical skills and be comfortable with report writing.
- Contractor management
- Practical leadership
- Problem solving (e.g. analyses problems & seeks solutions from a variety of sources)