Remuneration: circa. £36,000
This is a fantastic opportunity for an experienced Health and Safety Manager to join a market-leading 3rd Party Logistics provider.
The position is based in Coventry with salary of circa. £36,000.
The role is offering day shifts - Monday to Friday.
As Health & Safety Manager you will take operational responsibility for all H&S at a large distribution centre, working closely with the General Manager and alongside various departments within the business. The key focus of the role is on strategic planning to ensure that safety and compliance is maintained at the highest standard throughout the operation, and all employees are engaged in the processes.
• Providing advice, guidance and promoting the safety strategy to all management and employees.
• Report directly to the GM and other Senior Managers, providing updates and advice on health and safety matters.
• Ensure all accidents, incidents and near misses are appropriately reported and investigated whilst assisting managers in continually improving on safety targets.
• All aspects of RIDDOR reporting, including the review process and prevention of any future incidents.
• Producing accident reports and statistics to publicise to the General Manager and SHE committee, identifying trends with accidents to pro-actively prevent reoccurrence.
• Training staff on MHE to RTITB standards, either personally or via on-site Trainers.
• Monitor the implementation of safety manuals, policies and procedures.
• Ensuring that the site is compliant with all current and future legislative requirements.
• Managing and training staff in manual handling and safety in the work place.
• Carrying out audits to ensure legal conformance and ‘best practice'.
To be considered you must have previous Health and Safety management experience, within logistics, transport and warehousing. The ideal person will also have:
• A NEBOSH and/or IOSH Qualification is desirable.
• Able to demonstrate excellent leadership, communication and influencing skills
• Strong organisational and problem solving skills; someone who is confident to use their own initiative and challenge when necessary
• A demonstrable track record of delivering results and improvements for their previous organisations
Package and Prospects
On offer is a salary of up to £36,000 depending on experience.
This is an exciting opportunity to develop your career in an organisation with a strong record of developing talent from within and rewarding high-performing employees.
Based in Coventry it is commutable from:
And the surrounding areas.
As the leading Logistics and Supply Chain recruitment specialist we provide a range of services tailored to deliver resourcing solutions to clients needs.
Not the right role for you? Visit bjdgroup.co.uk to find this and many other exclusive management opportunities within Logistics and Supply Chain.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job