Our client is a world leader in their sector of the food industry and a leading supplier of added value brands and retailer branded products to the UK markets.
They are looking for people with ambition, vision and a commitment to excellence in a dynamic business environment to achieve and sustain this growth on a long-term basis. In return they offer stimulating and rewarding careers in a global food business. They are currently looking for a Health Safety & Environmental Officer to join a factory based management team in Lincolnshire.
The main objective of the role is to provide a site service across the designated site covering all aspects of Health Safety and Environmental management, training, and general site services: providing technical expertise to members of management and act as a competent person.
Main responsibilities of the role include:
- Acting as the primary lead & coordinator for Health & Safety & Environmental activities
- Advising management teams on legal requirements, industry best practice, and prevailing group standards
- Working in conjunction with site management to drive the Safety agenda
- Driving culture change / reinforcement of good safety cultures, creating the forums and opportunities to involve and communicate with colleagues
- Creating/developing standards/performance frameworks for performance assessment and benchmarking (e.g. ISO 180001/ISO14001/ISO50001)
- Coordinating the generation and routine maintenance/review of risk assessment and safe systems of work processes
- Coordinating accident investigation processes, recording and reporting industrial injuries as required
- Ensuring completion of routine Site Health & Safety/Environmental audits to comply with the local site and wider regional requirements
- Reviewing, updating and maintaining Site Health & Safety/Environmental Policy & procedures manuals taking account of industry best practice and any prevailing Group standards
- Supporting & advising Occupational Health & HR as required to ensure the health & wellbeing of our colleagues
- Building effective Company, local, regional & national H&S networks to share & learn best practice
- Providing induction training, deliver briefings & other Health & Safety training (including Fire/COSHH/Manual Handling etc) as required
- Co-ordinating and ensuring the provision of information and clear communications to appropriate stakeholders including UK HR teams, Factory Manager(s) and EMEA QSHE representatives.
The successful candidate will have the following qualifications and experience:
- Suitable and relevant Health & safety management qualification (or mix of equivalent experience)
- Ideally full qualified member of IOSH / NEBOSH.
- Suitably familiar with UK H&S Legislation.
- Experience and knowledge of Environmental legislation
- PC literate including being able to work with Microsoft Office
- Able to present written and verbal reports that are understood by the target audience.
- Demonstrable administrative skills/PC literate
- Well-developed verbal communication skills
- Risk Assessment
- Legal Requirements