Health, Safety & Environment "HSE" Officer
Post: Health, Safety & Environment ("HSE") Officer Facility Manager (FCM) Security Officer (PRS)
Location: Greetland Halifax
Primary Purpose of the Role: To develop HSE procedures in accordance with legislation, Bosch standards and best practice in order to protect all associates, stakeholders and the environment.
Health, Safety and Environment
- Develop and implement documented management systems for health, safety & environment in line with Robert Bosch N93, OHSAS18001 and ISO 14001 standards.
- Provide information and advice to management and associates on all areas of health, safety environmental and security matters, compliance and the management of risk.
- Raise the profile of the health, safety & environment requirements of the business and promote a positive health, safety and environmental culture.
- Co-ordinate and lead continuous improvement programs on health, safety, environmental and security activities.
- Implement and review programs to reduce the accident / incident rates.
- Communicate with external enforcement agencies and consult with managers on the requirements of the external agencies.
- Assist managers and supervisors in the investigation of accidents, incidents and near misses and identify corrective actions
- Ensure emergency fire control procedures and systems are in place and monitored.
- Implement, control and manage regulatory compliance of new national regulations and Bosch Standards.
- Ensure first aid arrangements and systems are maintained including trained personnel.
- Organise and conduct health, safety, environmental and security training to all associates as necessary.
- Liaise closely with the Company's Occupational Health Specialist regarding hazards and potential risk and to assist in health surveillance and monitoring of associates.
- Manage review and assess all chemicals used on site ensuring all legal and Bosch requirements are met.
- Ensure that specific chemicals are authorised and all associates are informed and trained on the relevant risks.
- Ensure that control measures for handling, storing, transporting, use and disposal of each chemical is in place.
- Organise and chair HSE meetings.
- Liaise and assist in the preparation and updating of all IPC, IPPC documentation and packaging waste regulations for site processes and lead contact with the environment agency for site activities.
- Engineering integrity and standards of the premises, grounds, utilities
- Management of Contractors taking account of the HSEQ factors with responsibility for facility engineering records and drawings
- Development of preventive measures through continuous improvement processes
- Budgetary control of the Facility department and related Capital projects
- Be an integral part of the Operations department contributing to business improvement through idea generation and project implementation
- Work as part of project implementation teams, providing continuous process evaluation/improvement, energy efficiencies, machine capability analysis and value stream mapping
- Communicate and raise awareness of project status Develop function for the future strategic needs of the business
- Document process control requirements.
- Undertake all people management activities including discipline, grievance and PRED processes.
- Mentoring and development of team members.
- Communicate objectives, tasks and targets. Assess departmental performance and training needs of self and others.
- Maintenance of technical skill profile to meet site and business needs.
- Communicate Corporate information to team, as appropriate.
- Accountable to the Head of Operations for all aspects of performance.
- To all associates for relevant information.
- To other Departments for co-ordination of activities.
- To team member for their personal development.
- Safe working of all associates and stakeholders.
- To Bosch HSE Co-ordinator
- Head of Operations
- TEF Manager
- Manufacturing Manager
- Logistics Manager
- Operational Line Managers
- Head of Human Resources
- Occupational Health
- Process Improvement Manager
- Head of Quality
- Head of Development & Application Engineering
- HSE colleagues within the Group, Health & Safety Executive, Environment Agency, Local Authorities.
- Bosch Regional Co-ordinator HSE
- Bosch Regional Co-ordinator PSO
- Core Contractors
- Local Authorities
- Water Authority
- Environment Agency
- Local Planning Agency
Skills, Qualifications, Competencies and Behaviours
- Proven Health,Safety & Environment experience gained within a manufacturing environment, preferably involving chemicals.
- Educated to 'A' level standard or equivalent.
- NEBOSH Diploma or equivalent qualified.
- Educated to Diploma level in Environmental Management is desirable
- Able to provide direction.
- Able to build and maintain relationships.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Able to drive change and work flexibly to high standards.
- Demonstrates initiative.
- Able to make sound judgements based on facts.
- Experience of Health, Safety & Environment standards i.e. OHSAS18001 and ISO 14001.
- Working knowledge of 5s, TPM, Six Sigma, Lean manufacturing techniques, i.e, BPS.
- Team player.
- Positive communicator.
- Able to accept "change" and work flexibly to high standards.
- Work under own initiative and be self motivating.
- Customer focused (internal and external)
Cordant Group is an equal opportunities employer
- health & safety
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'