True Recruitment are looking for an experienced Health & Safety Manager with a minimum of 5 years commercial experience as a practitioner for our Client in Cumbria.
The role of the Health & Safety Manager in its simplest form is to ensure company compliance with all relevant health and safety legislation and relevant national and international standards and best practice and to actively promote health & safety improvements as a business imperative across the whole organisation.
Duties and Responsibilities
Advise on planning, implementing and maintaining an accredited Integrated Management System (IMS) comprising of Safety, Health, Environmental and Quality management systems, including policies and procedures for establishing and maintaining the relevant performance standards of ISO 9001; ISO 14001; & BS OHSAS (phone number removed) and RoSPA; Monitoring and evaluating the IMS System as necessary and in any event on an annual basis revising them in consultation with management, as appropriate; Ensuring that the Company is aware of all new developments in Health & Safety legislation or standards and the subsequent requirements affecting all company’ operations; Ensure effective implementation of the IMS policies through the development of a positive Health & Safety culture; Ensure the day to day implementation and monitoring of the Health & Safety policy manual; Ensure that risk assessments and risk control procedures are clearly identified and provide assistance in their compilation and implementation; Providing information and advice on Health & Safety issues and acting as the 'competent’ person in liaison with external bodies under the requirements of the Management of Health and Safety at Work Regulations; Acting as a central point for the development, co-ordination and distribution of Health & Safety information; Organisation of, and attending, any Health, Safety and Environmental Meetings; Ensuring arrangements are in place for employee consultation at all levels; Collate and analyse Health & Safety performance data on a monthly basis against defined parameters (i.e. industry best practice; local and national priorities; etc.) Review and maintain the Company’s Health & Safety policies; Carry out independent, monthly IMS Monitoring Audits and report performance to the Head of Quality & Compliance; Maintain procedures for the reporting, investigating, recording and analysing of all accidents and incidents; In their absence the Health & Safety Manager will ensure that their deputy is fully briefed on any outstanding issues or actions required to ensure the continuing safety of all employees; All other reasonable duties as may be required by line management.
Member of IOSH or similar professional body
- Holds minimum of NEBOSH Diploma or equivalent
- IOSH Chartered status (or GRAD working towards CMIOSH)
- A minimum of five years experience as a Health & Safety Practitioner
- Familiarity with the requirements of ISO Standards and Management Systems
- Hold a current driving licence (travel throughout Cumbria required)
- Accredited Lead Auditor or Auditing Experience
- Familiarity with the requirements of ISO 9001; & ISO 14001
- A creative, inventive outlook and the ability to articulate and implement your ideas
- Proven ability, maturity and confidence to deal with a diverse range of personnel
- Self-starter, able to manage a variety of projects independently
- Ability to work on own initiative and in various environments
- Patient and shows control in challenging situations
- Can take ownership for problems and assignment to resolution
- Shows leadership when appropriate, but is also a good team player
- Clear thinking and a simple communicator
- Demonstrate a passion for developing others
- Committed to personal development
- Take ownership for problems and assignment to resolution
- Competent in IT skills and excellent report writing
- Have awareness of local and national priorities and an ability to work under pressure
- Strong analytical, administrative and organisation skills and great attention to detail
PLEASE NOTE TRUE RECRUITMENT ARE WORKING SAFELY AND FOLLOWING GOVERNMENT GUIDLINES
Good communication and presentation skills - both written and verbal
- Quality Management
- Risk Assessments
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'