Oxford BioMedica is a pioneer of gene and cell therapy and our work is helping to deliver life changing treatments.
Gene and cell therapy is the treatment of disease by the delivery of therapeutic DNA into a patient’s cells, providing long term and potentially curative treatments for a wide range of diseases. With the potential to transform medicine, the sector holds significant promise with the first commercial products now launched and others rapidly approaching the market.
Our recent successes are driving significant growth. As such. we are looking to recruit a Health & Safety Coordinator. The purpose of this role is to support the Head of CSR and Health and Safety by developing, implementing and improving good Safety Health Environment (SHE) practices ensuring that OXB policies and regulatory standards are met. You will also ensure site health and safety standards are maintained and fully comply with legislation and Company SHE initiatives.
Key responsibilities and accountabilities:
- Take responsibility for maintaining workplace health and safety by identifying, evaluating, and controlling exposure to chemical, physical, ergonomic, and biological hazards agents in existing and new operations.
- Compile information and maintain H&S training standards on site.
- To provide appropriate advice - to plan, implement, monitor and review protective and preventative safety measures.
- Develop, implement and improve good SHE practice ensuring that OXB policies and regulatory standards are met.
- Assist with the prevention of accidents by raising safety awareness on all sites.
- Assist with health, safety and wellbeing initiatives on all sites
- Complete accident/incident reporting and investigations and report findings to Head of CSR and Health & Safety.
- Complete quarterly compliance audits, monthly incident statistic reports and any other required documented records and report findings to Head of CSR and H&S.
- Undertake local risk assessments as required and action additional controls on generic and site specific risk assessments.
- Ensure that site exposure monitoring programme is managed and executed in compliance with legal and OXB standards and expectations.
- To work and support the operational teams in their work environment; by promoting and ensuring safe working practices and safe performance standards are met.
- To be involved with training, coaching and educating staff in related SHE competencies.
- Track actions from audits and ensure correct information and support is given to managers
- Proactively monitor/research and feedback and changes to H&S legislations relevant to OXB industry sector.
Key skills and requirements:
- Experience of manufacturing pharmaceutical or science based environments is essential.
- Proven experience in dealing with ergonomics and human factors would be an advantage.
- Excellent communication skills – both written and verbal; an ability to communicate to all levels
- A flexible, pragmatic and enabling approach, adaptable to a fast moving and constantly evolving environment
- Self-disciplined, professional and able to work under own initiative, able to manage varied workload and to tight deadlines
- Able to work both in a team and independently
- Proficient in MS Office, specifically Excel, Word, Visio and Outlook
- Demonstrable experience in a health and safety role
- Has a recognised qualification in Health and Safety Management, as a minimum IOSH.
- Broad understanding of the Health and Safety at Work act (1974) and associated Regulations
No agencies please
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'