You don’t have to be called Mario or Luigi for this role for a Head of Trade Marketing at Nintendo UK! It would be a bit weird if you were to be honest.
Nintendo is an international leader in the video game industry, and this role for a Head of Trade Marketing is based in their UK HQ in Windsor, Berkshire. They develop, produce and market both software and hardware. Whole generations have grown up with Nintendo heroes such as Mario, Peach, Link, Donkey Kong and Pokémon. Consoles such as NES, Game Boy, Wii, Nintendo DS, Wii U, Nintendo 3DS and Nintendo Switch are constantly setting new industry standards. They’ve helped the video-game market to grow and continue to make a distinctive mark on it with surprising and innovative products. Nintendo is quite simply a special company and special people have made them what they are with their commitment, talents, creativity and professionalism. Start your career at Nintendo and help them continue to put smiles on people’s faces!
Your primary role as Head of Trade Marketing is to position Nintendo UK as the most proactive and effective trade marketing team in the industry by directing trade marketing resource at the interface with customers.
Reporting to the Sales Director you will be pivotal in establishing best working practices across the sales and trade marketing teams and be expected to build strong working relationships with the Sales Managers in support of delivering their customer objectives. Applying a long term visionary approach and focusing on Nintendo’s ubiquitous family and gaming audience you will trigger a faster paced mentality to trade marketing introducing creativity and innovation to bring to life Nintendo UK’s sales and marketing strategies with our retail partners.
- Budget control is #1 task and needs your daily scrutiny with a clear process visible to senior management and subordinates. We need to be able to see where, when, why and with who, the spend has occurred and monitor investment vs revenue.
- You’ll be planning, preparing and executing a trade marketing strategy for the calendar year which has synergy with the product release schedule and marketing strategy.
- You’ll plan, prepare and execute a merchandising plan to bring to life the Nintendo brand in store. Improve existing stores already ranging Switch and 3DS but accelerate expansion in 2018
- You’ll plan, prepare and execute retailer conferences ensuring Nintendo are best represented both in product staff expertise so we win the hearts and minds of our retail managers.
- You’ll ensure an effective trade marketing resource balance between e’tailers and 'bricks and mortar’ so that Nintendo UK is best placed to deliver its sales objectives. Monitoring, influencing and adding value to the e’tailer’s Nintendo on line proposition will be important with almost half of our revenue either on line or click and collect for 2018.
- You’ll publish, recommend and manage a clear strategy and tactics for pod’s so we have control and synergy with retailer merchandising bays within store so we avoid under utilised, dated and expensive interactive units.
Reporting into the UK & Ireland Sales Director, you’ll have 5 years experience in either Senior Buying, Trade Marketing or a Senior Sales role and at least 5 years experience in the games industry as well as being a:
- Confident and articulate presenter
- Effective manager and motivator of subordinates
- Able to prioritise, plan and organise effectively - good time manager
- Persuasive with successful influencing
- Effective decision making and can demonstrates sound commercial judgement
- Familiar with marketing and agency interface
- Broad outlook - comfortable with bigger picture and with detail
- IT savvy digital and highly energised to interrogate data
- Effective Budget control
- Able to act on their own initiative
- A highly motivated team player who excels in communication
- A great ambassador for Nintendo demonstrating a great attitude and work ethic
- Marketing Campaigns
- Marketing Strategy
- Trade Marketing
- Computer Games