At CAS Behavioural Health you’ll have the chance to make a real impact on patients and their families. You’ll be exposed to all kinds of new challenges and responsibilities, to ensure you continue learning and developing as you go.
As part of an organisation with an outstanding reputation for innovation in the sector, you’ll benefit from a vibrant culture tailored to help you thrive, whatever your level or career goals.
Make a bigger difference to your career and to patient care with us.
Fairview is 62 bed hospital supporting adults aged 18-65 with Learning Disabilities, Mental Health and Autism. It is a place where individuals can thrive. What sets us apart in addition to our clinical approach is our clear care pathway, which is designed with progress in mind.
People’s care and therapeutic goals are supported by our pioneering Active Care™ Learning Disability model. Developed by our in-house multi-disciplinary team, Active Care™ Learning Disability model facilitates step-by-step objectives that cross all areas of an individuals’ psychological and behavioural development.
The post holder will have a high level of understanding of the safeguarding adult agenda with the ability to apply policies, standards and legislation to support everyday practice across the Fairview Hospital.
Professionally accountable to the Director of Fairview, the post holder will ensure the key functions of Head of Safeguarding Adults are undertaken for the Fairview Hospital through:
• Effective leadership;
• Development, monitoring and maintenance of robust adult safeguarding policies and procedures and training;
• Collaborative interagency working and contributing to safeguarding adults governance agenda.
As an integral part of the Fairview hospital’s safeguarding services, the post holder will act as an expert advisory resource for Fairview Hospital and residential services locally. They will ensure adults safeguarding provision continues to develop according to need and legislation and is delivered in evidence based, patient/family focused manner.
• To ensure the continued development of the safeguarding adult agenda across Fairview Hospital.
• Facilitate delivery of high quality safeguarding services for adults to agreed quality standards which comply with all national legislation and local policy and guidance.
• To working closely with clinical staff to ensure that decision making is supported by expert safeguarding advice.
• To ensure there is a robust training strategy and training programme to meet all educational/training requirements. This will include supporting staff to work effectively within the Mental Capacity Act/Deprivation of Liberty Safeguards.
• To act as the organisational Prevent Lead.
Experience and Qualifications
• Proven experience in a safeguarding role
• Social worker experience desirable
Please click on the ‘apply now’ link below.