Our Newark client seeks a Head of Procurement to lead their procurement and stores functions. This is a permanent position requiring significant procurement and supply chain experience.
The right person (who is likely to be MCIPS) will be responsible for the commercial performance, timely delivery, quality and materials management function in the business, developing and deploying the strategic supply chain and procurement activities for the manufacturing and warehouse operations.
The role will report directly to the Commercial Director and be a key member of the senior management team.
- Manage, coach and support procurement team
- Develop and implement processes, systems, standards and disciplines for procurement and warehousing aligned to manufacturing build processes
- Deliver procurement strategy for manufacturing performance, in line with business objectives
- Manage capacity and forecast in-line with manufacturing and delivery programmes
- Work with the purchasing and warehouse teams to develop and manage the supply base in order to achieve a seamless supply chain
- Support individuals to allow growth within their roles and encourage advancement either within the department or other areas of the business
- Be responsible for the development / implementation of the supply chain and warehousing processes.
The Head of Procurement will have a proven track record of delivering lean principles and innovation and have experience of managing a cross functional procurement team within an offsite/manufacturing or construction industry. The role will require someone who has demonstrable experience and understanding of MRP/ERP systems, production planning, Bills of Materials (BOMS) processes both at development and implementation level.
Who should apply?
The right person will be CIPS qualified and have proven experience in a senior procurement manager position in a manufacturing sector - building products knowledge would be an advantage. You'll have the experience and ability to plan resource, lead, motivate and develop teams with strong team management skills. The role needs someone commercially minded with knowledge of procurement agreements, warranties and frameworks.
Ideally you'll have experience of developing and implementing ERP / MRP systems and executing improvements and change to procurement process and procedures
Aside from salary there is a car allowance and pension.
Chase and Holland acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. We specialise in Finance and HR recruitment and comfortably service the South Yorkshire, Derbyshire, Nottinghamshire, Leicestershire, Staffordshire and Lincolnshire marketplaces.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job