Job Title: Head of Operations
Location: Poole, Dorset
Salary: £40k - £45k DOE
Hours: Minimum of 42 hours per week between the hours of 06:00 - 18:30 (Monday to Friday)
This is an exciting opportunity based in Poole for a Head of Operations to join this growing business.
Manage and lead the team in developing and maintaining industry leading distribution facilities, providing a high level of customer service in accordance with defined processes and Service Level Agreements.
The role will also be responsible for continuously improving the distribution function against benchmarks and performance measures.
- Install & Implement a culture of safety and quality first.
- Ensure Health and Safety and Environmental compliance at all Distribution facilities in line with company legislation and policies.
- Drive the day to day, management, efficiency and quality of the distribution team and manage performance accordingly.
- Ensure adherence to formalised material management processes and 100% real time visibility of material.
- Responsible for the safe storage and accuracy of all inventory.
- Resolve operational and staffing issues and escalate where required.
- Responsible for resource planning and maintaining staffing levels in line with budget to achieve internal and customer SLA's.
- Create a culture of openness, transparency and CIP coupled with owning and delivering innovative improvement initiatives.
- Provision of management reports, KPI's and detailed data views and analysis.
- Review and update quality and safety procedures, prepare tool box talk training guides and detailed work instructions to cover all warehouse activities.
- Increases team effectiveness by recruiting, training, coaching, and counselling.
- Carry out staff performance reviews, appraisals, back to work interviews and disciplinary investigations and interviews.
- Own and deliver the succession and training plan for the operation, organise internal and external courses as required.
- Establish and ensure robust communication channels are in place between the Operation and the wider business.
- Continuously improve systems (lean manufacturing) and processes to provide greater transparency and accuracy.
- Benchmark and implement warehousing, distribution and production best practice.
- Support supplier Negotiations and performance management for indirect operational spend.
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, reviewing professional publications and establishing personal networks.
- Onsite Parking
- Only day shifts, no weekend working
- Free tea and Coffee
It is important that you include a covering letter with your CV, detailing why you feel you are suitable for this position and highlighting all relevant experience.
We receive a high number of applications on a daily basis so we can only respond to successful applications. If you do not hear from us within 3 working days please assume your application has not been taken forward on this occasion. We may contact you in the future about other suitable positions.
Our full equal opportunities policy can be viewed here: http://equal-opportunities/