Job Title: Head of Networks
Reporting To: Director of Operations, Advanced ITO
We're one of the UK's largest and fastest-growing software and IT services companies, delivering a range of solutions to our 20,000+ customer base across every corner of the UK market.
The Head of Networks will be responsible for delivering Network Services across our company and for our customers. You will lead a team of circa 25 people in supporting our customer base and 2,200+ of our staff across numerous sites in the UK and India on a 7x24-x365 basis.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
In this key strategic and operational role, your remit will cover all aspects of our Network services infrastructure, with a particular focus on:
- Manage and develop the Network team, including Voice, LAN, WAN, Network Security, Public & Private Cloud Network managed service offerings, including Customers’ dedicated network estates
- Network Management – identify and implement best practises to improve availability, control changes, and implement repeatable processes. Monitor and manage network components to deliver proactive support to all internal and external clients; enable more effective reactive support; to provide capacity & performance reporting; and to generally enhance Advanced’s network management capabilities and services
- Ensuring that the team delivers outstanding service and meet the agreed SLA’s with all customers
- Staff Training – you will define and promote staff training to improve overall knowledge of Network technologies.
- Compliance – you will ensure delivery to relevant standards (e.g. ISO 27001, 9001) and provision of systems to control, adequately measure and handle the risks the business faces.
- Supplier Management - Regular review of suppliers to review technologies while delivering value for money. Benchmark service provided against other similar suppliers.
- Budget Control –You will craft, run and deliver to the network budget. Review and optimise current costs and achieve cost saving though contract consolidation.
- Business continuity – develop documentation, build test procedures and define resources to deliver Business continuity in the event of an accident, disaster, emergency, or threat.
- Information Security – You will protect the availability, privacy, and integrity of our data.
- Network – Review Network security controls, identify potential threats and weakness. Measure performance utilisation to optimise access and availability of systems. Provide a network firmware & network security patching service
- Telephony – regularly review and control costs associated with telephony solutions.
- Ensure the stability of various platforms and technologies, through Capacity & Availability management
- Recognize and document areas for improvements. Define, develop and deliver plans for implementation.
- Ensure predictable technology availability and the availability of the platforms exceed contractual obligations
- Ensure the teams manage their respective ITSM queues and actively provide support and mentorship for the Technicians
- Create and manage the technology lifecycle of platforms & environments under management
You'll be a strong leader excited by the challenge of working in a high-performing, fast-growing technical environment, supporting a diverse range of network technologies.
You will be able to demonstrate:
- Demonstrable previous experience of implementing and supporting large-scale Networks in an MSP environment.
- Strong technical network expertise along with leadership and communication skills, to improve the delivery of Network service. Communicating effectively to all stakeholders at all times.
- A practical understanding of gathering business requirements & scoping relevant solutions.
- The ability to scope, define & provide solutions across a broad scope of diverse technologies. Display effective skills to communicate with the leadership community, third-party Suppliers and internal / external technical teams.
- Strong consultancy skills and the capacity to be an excellent motivator in order to meet deadlines and handle change.
- Use resources to best advantage, by collaborative working with all Team Leaders and Professional Services Resource Management
- Setting the behavioural & performance standards. Energizing the team
- Deal positively with change & uncertainty
- To work on projects and initiatives as directed by the Director of Operations to support changes or opportunities in the division and wider business.
Join the A Team
- Excellent benefits from day one: contributory pension, life insurance, income protection insurance, childcare voucher salary sacrifice, cycle to work scheme, and employee assistance programme
- 25 days holidays
- Special focus on training and development with the opportunity to excel your career from our internal Talent Development Team
- The ability to work with engaged colleagues who share a passion for solving business problems
- Working in an organisation that encourages 360 feedback at all levels
- Be part of an organisation that has recently been ranked by Deloitte in the Top 50 fastest growing tech Companies
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job