We are looking for an accomplished Head of Merchandising to join our client's Head Office team based in the North.
Our client specialises in selling great quality fashion. Focusing on the evolving attitudes of their customer's and modernising their methods of attracting new customers.
With comprehensive ranges designed in-house that offer both smart and casual collections with the right balance of style and fit for their customers. With a modernised trading model our client's priority is to improve their customers shopping experience and continue growth.
What the role looks like;
- Will lead the merchandising function across all trading platforms.
- Utilising category and market analysis to create a Supply strategy that will maximise long-term opportunities and competitive advantage.
- Planning and forecasting, trading, and team management.
- Establish and foster relationships to improve commercial partnerships, long-term flow of goods and product opportunities.
- Maximise long-term commercial opportunities and minimise areas of risk, acting on performance analysis and sound judgement and change management.
- You will lead the business functions to achieve Budget and Latest Estimate KPI's, Sales, Stock and Margin alongside leading and coaching the Merchandising team to maintain high levels of growth, performance and working practices.
What the ideal candidate looks like;
- You will be a highly analytical individual who is organised, methodical and efficient, with excellent judgement, communication, confidence and decision-making skills.
- Proven experience and delivery of results within Merchandising as a Merchandise Manager ideally within a well-established blue chip retailer.
- Must have a strong customer, market awareness, as well as having a passion for the product.
- Innovative commercial thinker - supporting business efficiency, improvements, and growth needs.
- Pro-active problem solver and analyst through strong absorption of information and effective cooperation.
- Able to build and develop relationships with other internal teams for functional and personal development.
- E-commerce experience would be advantageous but not essential.
Competitive basic, car allowance, pension, private health care and bonus.