Manage the delivery of the internal learning and development needs of all staff, so
that The organisation continues to provide an excellent service to young people and meets
our overall strategic aims in a cost effective and efficient manner.
A commercially focussed social enterprise that develops the skills of
young people. We are proud to support young people across the country, helping
them to develop the skills they need to thrive.
We work in partnership with a broad range of organisations and partners in order to
contribute to key local, regional and national agendas, which benefit education and
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young
persons and expect all staff to share this commitment.
Develop and maintain systems and processes to ensure that learning needs are
identified and met, and that all learning is planned, implemented, evaluated and
* Lead, develop and evaluate a comprehensive in-house programme to meet the
end-to-end training needs of all staff.
* Support the development and evaluation of a CPD framework and development
* Work with the wider HR team to develop and maintain systems and processes to
establish and maintain effective training records.
* Establish an ongoing process of review and development of training to best
represent business needs and company values.
* Analyse and act on information to proactively manage agreed targets, standards,
training activity reports and action plans for all learning and development activity.
* Report to the Head of People Services via regular reporting and update review
meetings to ensure that KPIs, including budgets, are met.
* Work in conjunction with Head of People Services and the wider Leadership Team
to create a long-term strategic training and development plan.
* Lead on the production of learning and development policy, standards and
guidelines, taking account of current legislation and recommendations and the
* Plan, co-ordinate, design and deliver training sessions, using expert presentation,
coaching and facilitation skills.
* Ensure that The organisation is constantly developing standards and levels of service by
monitoring and evaluating through quality audits.
* Support and develop the management team to grow the confidence and
competence of all personnel.
* Take responsibility for own learning and development by recognising and taking
advantage of all opportunities to learn and by maintaining a professional/personal
portfolio of learning.
* Act as a role model by demonstrating leadership, knowledge and representing
The organisation in a professional manner.
* Attend relevant training courses, workshops, meetings and seminars as required.
* Promote and safeguard the welfare of young people.
* Any other duties consistent with the main purpose of the company, as may be
specified from time to time.
* Five years' experience in a similar role.
* Experience training and developing staff at all levels, with specific experience of
coaching managers in line management responsibilities.
* Experience of designing and implementing an end-to-end training and development
* Degree calibre individual.
* Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
* Proven record of effective personnel training and development.
* Ability to initiate organisational change without compromising operational output.
* IT literate and a competent user of Microsoft Office.
* Experienced in the creation of engaging presentation content.
* Relaxed and confident leadership style.
* Ability to motivate and inspire others.
* Ability to use initiative to make sound decisions, ensuring that wider business
objectives/targets are met.
* Highly motivated and target/KPI driven.
* Experience of manging training records and creating reports.
* Ability to analyse training data to identify trends and propose appropriate actions.
* Driving licence and use of a car for business.
A competitive salary in a successful, commercially focused social enterprise