Our client has a fantastic story to tell about their past and an even brighter one to tell about their future. They have a genuinely unique proposition to offer their customers which could not be more relevant in the current economic climate. To support this success and their continued growth, they are now looking to acquire an experienced Head of Finance to perform a pivotal and wide-ranging role within their company.
Reporting directly to the Managing Director and with a high level of autonomy, this opportunity will require the incumbent to be in charge of 'all things financial' within the company as well as taking responsibility to the company's IT systems. This role can definitely be described as 'hands-on' and it would suit an experienced, generalist finance professional, almost certainly from an SME background. They will also need to be a progressive thinker, a proactive problem-solver and have bags of initiative.
- Manage a team of finance and administration staff (up to a headcount of 5).
- Ensure that all financial management and processes are carried out to the highest standard and within deadlines including producing monthly management accounts and reports for the Directors.
- Ensure that the company is accurately invoicing clients and making payments to suppliers by managing the AP, AR and General Ledgers.
- Ensure that the Credit Controllers carry out accurate and effective credit control.
- VAT calculations and returns.
- Help to manage and reconcile the company's bank account.
- Run a monthly payroll for circa 20 Head Office-based staff.
- Interact with, and support, the company's external Auditors and HMRC.
- Help to manage the company's IT systems (a bespoke, industry specific system - training will be given).
- Take a key role in helping to manage the company's financial risk and compliance - spotting the 'icebergs on the horizon'.
- Offer accurate and valuable commercial financial insights to the Directors.
Key skills and Experience:
- A recognised accountancy qualification would be welcomed but my client is more interested in the depth of relevant experience and the personality/attitude/achievements of the applicant so somebody who is QBE would be welcomed too.
- Previous finance/accounts team management experience is crucial.
- A background of working for an SME in a broad and hands-on finance capacity is vital.
- A good understanding of IT systems - my client uses SAGE and a bespoke system native to their industry. Whilst they are not looking for a background in IT support, they do want somebody who can take ownership of this aspect of their back office.
- Ideally my client would like somebody who has worked with customers and suppliers and who understands the importance of building relationships and offering fantastic customer service.
- The right attitude is crucial - you must be flexible, highly communicative and confident to get involved and contribute to decision-making. You should lack pretention to 'roll your sleeves up' and above all, understand that the business is growing and therefore be able to adapt to whatever challenges get thrown at you (and your team) each day.
- A good sense of humour, a positive & calm head and a genuine team-player.
There will be the occasional need to travel within the UK although you will not be expected to work at the weekends. Working hours are standard and there is free parking on site.
If you feel that you have the requisite skills and experience, please apply immediately.
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'