A great opportunity to join an exciting and vibrant business as their Head of Finance and lead them in their continued growth.
Head of Finance - About The Role
This client is a well-recognised leader within its specialist field of travel and tourism, offering 550 different escorted tours to 120 destinations around the world. Their head office is based in Farnborough but are part of a much larger international group.
As the Head of Finance you will be responsible for managing a finance team of 8 with 3 direct reports from transactional finance through to group reporting. Key areas of responsibility will include:
- Financial reporting - Bi-monthly reporting to the parent company, Reconciliation between FRS 102 and Swiss GAAP, weekly & monthly sales reporting. Budgeting/Forecasting - management of annual budget and three year plan, presentation of budget/forecast to group CFO & CEO.
- Regulatory - Oversight of monthly sales and cash reporting to CAA.
- Member of SMT - you will work alongside the key heads of departments in contributing to the strategic direction of the business.
- Foreign exchange- monitoring sales, hedging ratios and aggregate buying rates.
- Team Management - Undertake appraisal of three direct reports, monitor, motivate and drive the performance of the finance function.
The successful Head of Finance will be:
- A qualified accountant who has previously managed a finance team.
- You will need to be commercially minded with the ability to not only work alongside your finance colleague but business partner with the wider business.
- You will have a strong attention to detail and accuracy in your work.
- You will be able to provide support and training to your team. Travel industry experience would be a major benefit in progressing with this passion, candidates with a very strong passion for travel will also be considered.
Head of Finance - Benefits
- A very competitive salary along with a bonus scheme.
- 1 training trip to enjoy a week away experiencing the companies offerings.
- Holiday starting at 20 days increasing with service.
- Pension contribution of 5%.
- Private healthcare, staff discount on tours.
Howett Thorpe are acting as a recruitment agency in relation to this role and comply with all relevant UK legislation and do not discriminate on any protected characteristics. Due to the high volume of applications we currently receive, we are unable to respond to all candidates. If you do not hear from a Consultant within 5 working days please assume that you have not been successful.
Refer a friend
If this job is not of interest to you, but you know a friend or colleague who may be interested, recommend them to us and receive a minimum of £150 in vouchers if we assist them in securing a permanent role and a minimum of £25 in vouchers if we place them in a temporary assignment. (Terms & conditions apply)
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job