Head of Credit Risk - Prestigious International Bank
My client is a leading international bank, providing business and personal financial services, with a focus on owner-operated enterprises across the globe. They are looking for an experienced individual with a minimum 10 years of experience within the Credit/Risk function in the banking sector.
Head of Credit is Chair of the Country Credit Committee (CCC) and member of other executive level committees. The Head of Credit role entails ground level credit, underwriting, process and control mindset who can provide an effective, second line challenge to new and existing credit proposals, the annual business plan and transactions, new credit products & initiatives as well and authorize, take decision and provide solutions as and when required.
A summary of the duties and responsibilities entail:
- Manage and mentor the teams to ensure they understand their responsibilities, are equipped with the right skills and adequately resourced.
- Implement and adhere to Bank Credit policy, including Group Credit Policy; design and amend UK specific policies as required and within the Bank’s risk governance framework agreed with the Board.
- Provide an independent view regarding proposed business plans and transactions and credit facilities
- Supervise and monitor credit and client portfolio analysis
- Manage the IFRS9 process including models, calculations, provisioning
- Contribute to ILAAP, ICAAP, RRP, strategy and business planning
- Provide input to Islamic banking and Intermediary business
- Manage the BRC as secretary
- Provide training to Front line in improving their credit skills
- Provide insights, reports and MI to the Bank’s CEO, Credit Committee and Board as and when required
- Engage with the CEO, Chairman, to BRC on large credit to provide feedback
- Work with the group Credit office and provide summary of the Credit function and areas related to Risk
- Participate in regular meetings, discussions and seminars at Department, Country and Group level
Experience and Education:
- 15-20 years of Banking experience with a minimum of 10 years in the Credit/Risk function
- Degree qualified or equivalent preferable
- Hold all relevant professional qualifications
- Balance of practical (ground level) Credit/Risk experience and use of technology and analytical skills
- Strong Credit background and experience. A strong understanding of credit, legal and market risks across the full range of lending products and processes.
- Seasoned Risk professional with 15-20 years of experience across commercial, business (SME) banking and Retail products
- Experience in enhancing Risk Management capability in Banks while maintaining operational efficiency and business volumes
- Experience in Islamic Banking products will be an added advantage
- Experience in working across multiple functions and matrix organisations in supporting and compiling ICAAP, ILAAP, RRP.
- credit risk
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'