The Head of Content will define and execute the strategy for the creation, development, management of content and campaigns across TUI, First Choice and Marella Cruises that brings our products to life, drives brand preference and sales, and enhances the customer experience across all channels, delivering factual, engaging and inspiring content.
The Content team plays a key role in continuing to drive future business growth by showcasing the range and quality of our products to our customers. There is a close working relationship with our Distribution function, supporting effective ways of working with the E-Commerce and Retail teams and with our Product function, ensuring inspiring and accurate content for all our products.
You will be an exceptional people manager and colleagues will look to you as a highly respected leader. You will lead, manage and develop an enthusiastic, market leading, content team ensuring capability and skill set are constantly improving to meet the evolving needs of the business. You will be managing a team of over 80 people and an annual budget of c. £4M.
What you will be doing
- Inspire, lead and manage our large content team and develop the capability of the function to deliver best in class communications across all channels
- Develop and deliver an effective content strategy, aligned to our brand strategies, which will put TUI UK & Ireland at the forefront of content development and provide a platform for the transformation of content from print media to digital.
- Responsible for all design, photography and video production across all formats, working closely with Brand team to ensure consistency to brand guidelines
- Responsible for managing the factual content for all products and hotels and continuously monitoring and reviewing accuracy of our content through the team for all channels
- Set integrated content standards for the business in-line with best practice and industry standards to maximise engagement in most relevant way for each channel (mobile, Web, Digital Marketing, Social Marketing, Retail)
- Influence senior stakeholders and the wider business to change the perception of content to become a valued strategic asset and an effective marketing tool.
- Represent TUI UK & I with Group and across the business to influence a rapid increase in best-in-class Group content creation plus efficient sharing across the markets.
What we are looking for
- Proven experience in leading and developing large content teams, able to inspire and motivate team in highly challenging and fast moving environment
- Progressive, forward thinker who identifies industry/consumer trends and acts to ensure competitive advantage
- Proven capability to set the strategic direction and deliver
- Strong commercial acumen & awareness
- Proven capability to successfully build relationships, engage and challenge across the business at all levels
- Proven capability of pioneering the identification and implementation of new and innovative ways of working
- Technical ability in understanding and refining complex Content Management Systems and integration requirements across the wider business.
- Excellent knowledge of content management, process, and understanding of new developments in digital content across industries
- Understanding of business drivers behind growth of organic web traffic - SEO, Social Media, Customer Experience, Brand Advocacy
- Knowledge and application of principles such as SEO-effective content, structured content, COPE etc.
- Excellent networker with powerful communication, presentation and influencing skills
- Passion for seeing ideas come to life combined with appreciation that some concepts will not succeed
- Highly organised with a flexible approach to working within a fast changing, fast moving environment (TRIAGE)
Working within TUI group
TUI UK and Ireland is the UK’s largest tour operator with key brands including First Choice, Crystal Ski, and Marella Cruises. Sub brands include Sensatori, Sensimar, and Family Life, as well as First Choice Holiday Villages and SplashWorld Resorts. Our airline, TUI Airways is the UK’s third largest airline with 62 aircraft operating to over 88 destinations in 30 countries. We have a team of more than 10,000 employees serving over 5.5 million customers each year.
TUI UK and Ireland is a member of TUI Group, the world’s number one integrated tourism group. Covering the entire touristic value chain under one roof we employ 63,000 people in over 100 countries and offer 20 million customers comprehensive services in around 180 destinations worldwide.
Help make our customers smile and in return you will receive a competitive salary, pension scheme and further benefits such as generous holiday discounts, great rates with foreign exchange and discounts with retailers.
How to apply
Please click on the link below, the application process consists of answering a few questions and uploading your CV.