My client is one of the largest organisations of its kind in the UK, and due to continued growth is looking to recruit a Head of Category. Reporting to the Director of Category this is an excellent opportunity for an experienced Retail Buying professional to join a successful organisation that prides itself in staff development.
Job Purpose: To effectively manage and develop a team to maximise sales, cash margin, percentage gross profit and revenue from suppliers for the Group and stores in line with agreed targets.
Key Tasks / Responsibilities:
- To develop and implement a category based trading plan that leverages the organisations’ scale and efficiency that delivers and exceeds income budgets whilst supporting all parts of the trading strategy.
- Identify strengths and areas for development from members of the team and develop accordingly.
- To assist the recruitment, induction, training, development and management of Trading team members as appropriate to support the delivery of the trading area’s strategy and plan.
- To identify and develop Category strategies, source, and develop consumer facing products and ranges to meet customer needs and business requirements.
- Deliver and review cost of goods savings, local terms agreements with effective negotiations with suppliers.
- Manage and implement 'step change’ projects which will increase sales & income.
- To review, track and analyse the market both in terms of trends and competitor activity.
- To plan, negotiate and deliver the category strategy along with the trading budgets.
- Ensure that joint business plans with all key suppliers are in place and kept updated.
- Negotiate favourable buying terms with supplier and increased levels of supplier income from the supply base.
- Co-ordinate the negotiation and delivery of a planned programme of promotional activity.
- The control of product pricing policies both at wholesale and retail level.
You will be a successful individual and will have category/trading/supply experience within FMCG, on the wholesaler side, or related industries. Ideally from a food retail background with exceptional leadership skills, vision and creativity, and can both visualise best practice and then inspire colleagues to adopt it, within the Group framework.
For full information regarding this role, please contact me directly, initially with a CV ahead of a conversation.
Artis Procurement is a premier specialist resourcing consultancy focused solely on the supply of senior Procurement, Purchasing, Supply Chain and Merchandising professionals.
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'