Our client a global financial services company has an opening for a Guidewire Engineer to join their Development Support Team to support, maintain and improve their PolicyCentrer and ClaimsCenter applications.
Our client is also moving more of their infrastructure into the cloud, so this role offers an excellent opportunity to be part of this exciting development.
This role is broad and varied, utilising many technologies, so the successful candidate may not have all the skills they seek, but will be technically savvy and keen to learn.
Ideally you will be a self-starter with a passion for service and extending your knowledge base.
- The application is always up for the business according to their requirements.
- Any unplanned outage is rectified as soon as possible minimizing downtime.
- Unplanned outages are understood and steps are taken to avoid a reoccurrence including root cause fixing, additional monitoring and alerting.
- Provide expert advice to major incident teams during resolution process and through to problem management process.
- Business transactions response times and technical errors are consistently meeting/beating expectations and SLA’s.
- Degradation of response times and technical errors over time are monitored and managed.
- Significant variations in system performance are rapidly understood and actions put in place to rectify.
- The application is efficient in terms of its chargeable foot print, focus on safely minimizing costs without impacting service.
- Manage a prioritized plan of activity aimed at reducing the likely cost of the application.
- Ensure as far as possible any changes to the application and its environment are safe, efficient and do not impact SLA’s or add risk to the availability of the application.
- Provide support and education to ensure changes are developed with performance in mind.
- Provide focused analysis on post release/change performance identifying and making visible any performance issues early.
Scaling and capacity assessments:
- Maintain a technical capacity model to assess the resource requirements for planned business volumes changes with the ability to provide 'what if’ calculations
- .Seek to gain knowledge of capacity risk areas and plan to eliminate or mitigate.
- Continuously assess system/application monitoring coverage identify gaps in monitoring that add risk to the application.
- Introduce suitable levels of monitoring into gap areas covering the key components from the application through the various levels including targeted alerts.
- Ensure monitoring captures suitable data at the right level to use for real-time monitoring, performance trend monitoring and capacity assessments and itself doesn’t impact the performance of the application.
Reporting and driving improvements:
- Provide regular reporting/reviews showing performance over time for key areas.
- Use monitoring to identify and prioritise performance related changes aimed at proactively improving the performance of the application.
- Provide on-request reports for various aspects of application performance.
- Have suitable technical knowledge to understand the key layers in the application and to be able to articulate or develop own changes in monitoring in those areas.
- Understand configurable performance components within the layers of application and the implications of their settings/states.
- Ability to utilize existing monitoring tools or develop specific targeted monitoring to enhance the monitoring capability.
The candidate(s) will need to:
- Work collaboratively with technical teams in a number of the responsibility areas.
- Work with business areas to articulate on performance areas within the application and implications to business areas.
- Have the desire to continuously improve the current application performance, resilience, availability and take ownership of performance impacting issues.
Our client offers:
Competitive salary with generous pension.
Annual performance related bonus
Generous holiday allowance with the option to buy / sell up to 5 additional days.
Flexible benefits scheme.
Great opportunity for career growth.
- Cloud Computing
- System Performance
- Performance Issues
- Problem Management
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job